Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 15/e (IE-Paperback)
Jane P. Laudon , Kenneth C. Laudon
- 出版商: Pearson FT Press
- 出版日期: 2019-08-28
- 售價: $1,320
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,254
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 656
- ISBN: 129221175X
- ISBN-13: 9781292211756
Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm (15th Edition)
· NEW! Video Cases collection includes 36 video cases (two or more per chapter) and 10 additional instructional videos covering key concepts and experiences in the MIS world. Video Cases are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
· NEW! Learning Tracks includes 47 Learning Tracks in MyLab™ MIS for additional coverage of selected topics.
· NEW! All-new opening, closing, and Interactive Session cases keep the text current and up-to-date. The text, figures, tables, and cases have all been updated with the latest sources from industry and MIS research.
· UPDATED! This edition has been updated to cover significant new topics in MIS, including:
o Big Data and the Internet of Things: In-depth coverage of big data, big data analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) is included in Chapters 1, 6, 7, and 12. Topics include big data analytics, analyzing IoT data streams, Hadoop®, in-memory computing, non-relational databases, and analytic platforms.
o Cloud Computing: Updated and expanded coverage of cloud computing is included in Chapter 5 (IT infrastructure), with more detail on types of cloud services, private and public clouds, hybrid clouds, managing cloud services, and a new Interactive Session on using cloud services. Cloud computing is also covered in Chapter 6 (databases in the cloud), Chapter 8 (cloud security), Chapter 9 (cloud-based CRM and ERP), Chapter 10 (e-commerce), and Chapter 13 (cloud-based systems development).
o Social, Mobile, Local: New e-commerce content has been added to Chapter 10, describing how social tools, mobile technology, and location-based services are transforming marketing and advertising.
o Social Business: Expanded coverage of social business is introduced in Chapter 2 and discussed throughout the text. Detailed discussions of enterprise (internal corporate) social networking as well as social networking in e-commerce are included.
o Other topics covered in this edition include BYOD and mobile device management, smart products, DevOps, zero-day vulnerabilities, machine learning, chatbots, near field communication (NFC), native advertising, WindowsTM 10, Microsoft® Office 365TM, platforms, and software-defined storage (SDS).
· Real-world business cases and examples help students see the direct connection between information systems and business performance. In-text examples and case studies show students how specific companies use information systems to achieve objectives. The text uses only current (2016) examples from business and public organizations to illustrate important concepts in each chapter. All case studies describe companies or organizations that are familiar to students, such as Nike, Rugby Football , Facebook, Walmart, Fiat, Unilever, and GE.
· REVISED! Two short cases in each chapter have been redesigned as Interactive Sessions to be used in the classroom (or on Internet discussion boards) to stimulate student interest and active learning. Each case concludes with case study questions. The case study questions provide topics for class discussion, Internet discussion, or written assignments.
· A Hands-On MIS Projects section at the end of each chapter contains three types of projects: two Management Decision Problems; a hands-on application software exercise using Microsoft® Excel,TM AccessTM, or web page and blog creation tools; and a project that develops Internet business skills.
· Collaborative projects in each chapter encourage students working in teams to use Google DriveTM, Google DocsTM, or other open source collaboration tools. The first team project in Chapter 1 asks students to build a collaborative Google site.
I. Organizations, Management, and the Networked Enterprise
1. Information Systems in Global Business Today
2. Global E-business and Collaboration
3. Information Systems, Organizations, and Strategy
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
II. Information Technology Infrastructure
5. IT Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
III. Key System Applications for the Digital Age
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Managing Knowledge
12. Enhancing Decision Making
IV. Building and Managing Systems
13. Building Information Systems
14. Managing Projects
15. Managing Global Systems