Essentials of Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Office Excel, 7/e【內含Access code,經拆封不受退】
David R. Anderson, Dennis J. Sweeney, Thomas A. Williams, Jeffrey D. Camm, James J. Cochran
- EXPANDED COVERAGE WITHIN LATER CHAPTERS EXPLORES KEY TOPICS IN DEPTH. The authors have reorganized, streamlined and increased coverage in later chapters of this edition. This edition no longer addresses the advanced topic of Time Series and Quality Control. Instead, deeper coverage in Chapters 10, 11, 12 and 13 includes topics such as inferences of means and proportions for two populations; inferences about population variances; comparing multiple proportions, tests of independence and goodness of fit; experimental design; and regression.
- NEW, ADDITIONAL CASE PROBLEMS PROVIDE MORE PRACTICE ANALYZING AND PREPARING REPORTS. This edition includes 11 new case problems to challenge your students. The 30 case problems in the text provide students with the opportunity to analyze somewhat larger data sets and to prepare managerial reports based on the results of their analyses.
- UPDATED AND IMPROVED END-OF-CHAPTER SOLUTIONS AND SOLUTIONS MANUAL ENSURE ACCURATE, TRUSTED ANSWERS. The authors have carefully reviewed and reworked, when needed, every question and solution in this edition's end-of chapter solutions and solutions manual. The solutions now boast higher accuracy and contain additional details to assist in efficient grading. You'll find improved rounding instructions, expanded explanations with a student-focus, and alternative answers using Excel and a statistical calculator.
- ONLINE DATA FILES SAVE TIME AND ENSURE ACCURACY. Data files for case problems and for exercises with large amounts of data are available on the book's student companion website. Data appears in Excel 2016 to both save time and reduce the likelihood of errors in data entry. Helpful margin notes in the text indicate when a data file is available, with the DATAfile logo and the name of the file for reader convenience.
- MARGIN ANNOTATIONS AND NOTES AND COMMENTS. To ensure thorough student understanding, margin annotations highlight key points and provide additional insights. Many sections end with Notes and Comments designed to give students additional insights about the statistical methodology and its application. Notes and Comments include warnings about or limitations of the methodology, recommendations for application, and brief descriptions of additional technical considerations.
- CONTENT SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATES MICROSOFT EXCEL 2016. Immediately following every statistical procedure, a sub-section discusses how to use Excel to perform that procedure. This approach clearly incorporates the use of Excel while keeping the primary emphasis on key statistical methodology. A consistent framework for applying Excel helps users focus on the statistical methodology without getting distracted in the details of using Excel.
- MINDTAP® COMPLETE DIGITAL SOLUTION NOW FEATURES ALL-NEW EXCEL ONLINE INTEGRATION POWERED BY MICROSOFT®. Ideal for your business statistics course, MindTap® takes students from learning basic statistical concepts to actively engaging in critical thinking applications, while learning valuable software skills for their future careers. MindTap® is a customizable digital course solution that includes an interactive eBook and auto-graded, algorithmic exercises from the textbook. All of these materials offer students better access that enable them to truly master the materials in your course.
- CENGAGENOW™ FULLY INTEGRATED ONLINE TEACHING AND LEARNING SYSTEM SAVES TIME WHILE ENSURING STUDENT MASTERY. This innovative course management system combines the best of current technology to help you plan your course, manage and automatically grade extensive homework and student assignments. You teach with the latest built-in technology support and test students using a customized test bank. Personalized study plans for each student help reinforce student comprehension and reduce questions.
- PROVEN PROBLEM-SCENARIO APPROACH EMPHASIZES APPLICATIONS IN BUSINESS TODAY. Using a unique hands-on approach, the authors discuss and develop each technique in an applications setting with statistical results that provide insights into decisions and solutions to problems. The problem scenarios emphasize how to apply statistics in real business and economics practice, which increases student interest and motivation for learning statistics.
- BOOK OFFERS UNMATCHED STUDENT READABILITY. For more than 30 years, student surveys and instructor feedback have shown that readability is a hallmark of this text. In addition, this edition is packed with real-world examples, current illustrations, and step-by-step instructions that clarify and engage readers.
- OUTSTANDING EXERCISES EMPHASIZE METHODS AND APPLICATIONS. Methods exercises require students to use formulas and make appropriate computations. Applications exercises ask students to apply chapter concepts to real situations. Many Applications exercises incorporate recent data from referenced sources. Combining these two methods enables students to focus on the computational "nuts and bolts" before advancing to the subtleties of statistical application and interpretation. All self-test exercises offer worked-out-solutions in Appendix D online.
1. Data and Statistics.
2. Descriptive Statistics: Tabular and Graphical Displays.
3. Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Measures.
4. Introduction to Probability.
5. Discrete Probability Distributions.
6. Continuous Probability Distributions.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Interval Estimation.
9. Hypothesis Tests.
10. Inferences About Means and Proportions with Two Populations.
11. Inferences About Population Variances.
12. Test of Goodness of Fit, Independence, and Multiple Proportions.
13. Experimental Design and Analysis of Variance.
14. Simple Linear Regression.
15. Multiple Regression.
Appendix A: References and Bibliography.
Appendix B: Tables.
Appendix C: Summation Notation.
Appendix D: Self-Test Solutions and Answers to Even-Numbered Exercises (online).
Appendix E: Microsoft Excel 2016 and Tools for Statistical Analysis.