- Master the latest techniques for building real-time, big data applications, integrating Facebook, Twitter, and other network services
- Tame asynchronous programming, the event loop, and parallel data processing
- Use the Express and Path frameworks to speed up development and deliver scalable, higher quality software more quickly
Mastering Node.js will take the reader deep into this exciting development environment. Beginning with a comprehensive breakdown of its innovative non-blocking evented design, Node’s structure is explained in detail, laying out how its blazingly fast I/O performance simplifies the creation of fast servers, scalable architectures, and responsive web applications.
Mastering Node.js takes you through a concise yet thorough tour of Node's innovative evented non-blocking design, showing you how to build professional applications with the help of detailed examples.
Learn how to integrate your applications with Facebook and Twitter, Amazon and Google, creating social apps and programs reaching thousands of collaborators on the cloud. See how the Express and Path frameworks make the creation of professional web applications painless. Set up one, two, or an entire server cluster with just a few lines of code, ready to scale as soon as you’re ready to launch. Move data seamlessly between databases and file systems, between clients, and across network protocols, using a beautifully designed, consistent, and predictable set of tools.
Mastering Node.js contains all of the examples and explanations you’ll need to build applications in a short amount of time and at a low cost, running on a scale and speed that would have been nearly impossible just a few years ago.
What you will learn from this book
- Use events to create non-blocking systems with high throughput
- Create secure servers across all major network protocols
- Manage thousands of concurrent clients without slowing down
- Handle data, files, and protocol streams with ease
- Leverage Node’s module system to design sane applications that are easy to extend
- Learn scaling techniques and parallelize operations across multiple cores
Packed with practical examples and explanations, Mastering Node.js contains everything you need to take your applications to the next level.
Who this book is written for