Systematic Cloud Migration: A Hands-On Guide to Architecture, Design, and Technical Implementation
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2021-09-27
- 售價: $1,660
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,577
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 233
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 148427251X
- ISBN-13: 9781484272510
This book is your systematic cloud migration guide. Experiences shared by the author are drawn from real-life migration projects and contain practical advice, as well as step-by-step architecture, design, and technical implementation instructions using sample application code on GitLab. Following the guidance in this book will provide much needed support to your teams, and help you successfully complete the application cloud migration journey.
Systematic Cloud Migration consists of four major parts. Part one starts with a fundamental introduction of cloud computing to establish the context for migration, including paradigm changes in five important areas: software application, DevSecOps, operations, infrastructure, and security. And these are the areas that the book follows throughout. Next, it introduces a real-life migration process that your team can follow.
Part two presents the migration process for the application code, including architecture diagrams and presented by demo application code and supporting infrastructure in AWS cloud. Part three dives into DevSecOps and automation. In addition to concepts, a real-life migration diagram and sample pipeline code implemented with GitLab are include. Part four deals with efficient cloud operations.
Each chapter has a practical structure: objectives, roles, inputs, process/activities, outputs/deliverables, best practices, and summary. There is a wealth of cloud production-grade template style artifacts that can be used as is.
What You Will Learn
- Design applications in the cloud, including determining the design criteria (e.g., solution cost is a design criterion, same as security, and is not an afterthought)
- Understand the major migration areas: software development (application code, data, integration, and configuration), software delivery (pipeline and automation), and software operations (observability)
- Migrate each application element: client and business components code, data, integration and services, logging, monitoring, alerting, as well as configurations
- Understand cloud-critical static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), containers compliance and security scanning, and open source dependency testing
- Know the directions and implementation details on cost-efficient, automated, cloud-native software operations
Who This Book Is For
Primarily designed with software developers, team leads, development managers, DevOps engineers, and software architects in mind. Their day-to-day activities include architecting, designing, developing, delivering, and operating software in the cloud environment. In addition, this book will benefit infrastructure, network, security, and operations engineers, who in turn, can provide better support for the software development product teams.
Taras Gleb is a pragmatic and hands-on cloud solutions architect focused on software delivery, strategy, and innovation. He has been leading software development and digital transformation projects in business applications, big data, reporting, machine learning, DevSecOps, and automation. He has 25+ years of experience in design and implementation of mission-critical, customer-oriented, software solutions for institutional investors, governments, insurance companies, banks, capital markets, and power utilities. While delivering these solutions, he is applying advanced software architecture and development methodologies. His focus is on building cloud-native, secure, innovative, and cost-efficient solutions that deliver business value in an agile manner. Taras is a life-long learner who holds degrees in engineering, business administration and various industry certifications. He is continuously searching for ways to proactively apply the latest technologies and methodologies to software architecture and development.