IOS 14 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 12 IDE, Cocoa Touch, and the latest version of Apple's acclaimed programming language, Swift 5.3. With this thoroughly updated guide, you'll learn the Swift language, understand Apple's Xcode development tools, and discover the Cocoa framework.
- Become familiar with built-in Swift types
- Dive deep into Swift objects, protocols, and generics
- Tour the life cycle of an Xcode project
- Learn how nibs are loaded
- Understand Cocoa's event-driven design
- Communicate with C and Objective-C
In this edition, catch up on the latest iOS programming features:
- Multiple trailing closures
- Code editor document tabs
- New Simulator features
- Resources in Swift packages
- Logging and testing improvements
- And more
Once you master the fundamentals, you'll be ready to tackle the details of iOS app development with author Matt Neuburg's companion guide, Programming iOS 14.
Matt Neuburg has a PhD in Classics and has taught at many universities and colleges. He has been programming computers since 1968. He has written applications for Mac OS X and iOS, is a former editor of MacTech Magazine, and is a long-standing contributing editor for TidBITS. His previous O'Reilly books are Frontier: The Definitive Guide, REALbasic: The Definitive Guide, and AppleScript: The Definitive Guide. He makes a living writing books, articles, and software documentation, as well as by programming, consulting, and training.