Big Data Visualization
James D. Miller
$990Spark in Action
$1,320Expert Hadoop Administration: Managing, Tuning, and Securing Spark, YARN, and HDFS (paperback)
$865Python Deep Learning (Paperback)
- This unique guide teaches you how to visualize your cluttered, huge amounts of big data with ease
- It is rich with ample options and solid use cases for big data visualization, and is a must-have book for your shelf
- Improve your decision-making by visualizing your big data the right way
When it comes to big data, regular data visualization tools with basic features become insufficient. This book covers the concepts and models used to visualize big data, with a focus on efficient visualizations to improve better decision making.
This book works around big data visualizations and the challenges around visualizing big data and address characteristic challenges of visualizing like speed in accessing, understanding/adding context to, improving the quality of the data, displaying results, outliers, and so on. We focus on the most popular libraries to execute the tasks of big data visualization and explore "big data oriented" tools such as Hadoop and Tableau.
We will show you how data changes with different variables and how to visualize data in real time and for different use cases with step-through topics such as: importing data to something like Hadoop, basic analytics, the work arounds to typical big data visualization challenges, and the most popular libraries that work with big data.
The choice of visualizations depends on the most suited techniques for big data, and we will show you the various options for big data visualizations based upon industry-proven techniques that are most suited for big data. You will then learn how to integrate popular visualization tools with graphing databases to see how huge amounts of certain data can be visualized. Finally, you will find out how to display the integration of visual big data with BI using Cognos BI.
What you will learn
- Understand how "basic analytics" is affected by big data
- Deep dive into effective and efficient ways of visualizing big data
- Get to know approaches (using various technologies) to address the challenges of visualizing big data
- Comprehend the concepts and models used to visualize big data
- Know how to visualize big data in real time and for different use cases
- Understand how to integrate popular dashboard visualization tools such as Splunk and Tableau
- Get to know the value and process of integrating visual big data with BI tools such as Tableau
- Make sense of the visualization options for big data, based upon the most suited visualization techniques for big data