Swift 4 Programming Cookbook: 50 task-oriented recipes to make you productive with Swift 4
- Write robust and efficient code, and avoid common pitfalls using Swift
- Get a comprehensive coverage of the tools and techniques needed to create high-performance apps
- Packed with easy-to-follow recipes, this book will help you develop code using the latest version of Swift
Swift is an exciting, general purpose programming language. It's open sourcing and porting to Linux present many opportunities to use Swift outside of iOS and OSX app development. As a result, it's a great time to become a Swift developer!
This book begins with Swift Constructs and moves on to Data Wrangling. You will then learn how to use Swift with other languages. Also look at how to perform object-oriented programming, Functional Reactive programming, and Protocol Oriented Programming with Swift. Finally, you will get to grips with server-side Swift, its performance, and responsiveness in Swift.
With this recipe-based book, you will look at Swift's merits and benefits by covering the problem and solutions on it. This collection of concise, task-oriented recipes immediately makes you productive with Swift, with solutions ranging from core programming topics such as functions, protocol, error handling, and generics to advanced topics such as memory management and concurrency. Finally, you will learn how to improve code efficiency and enhance your application's performance.
What you will learn
- Use protocol extensions to provide default behavior for your protocols
- Use Swift with multiple programming styles and paradigms
- Define flexible classes and structs using Generics
- Use OperationQueues to execute and prioritize work
- Create higher-order functions that take functions as parameters
- Take your work mobile with Playgrounds on iOS
- Import your own custom functionality into Swift Playgrounds
- Use Swift Package Manager to package your Swift modules for others to use