Azure Serverless Computing Cookbook
Praveen Kumar Sreeram
- Enhance Azure Functions with continuous deployment using Visual Studio Team Services, GitHub, or BitBucket.
- Learn to deploy and manage cost-effective and highly available serverless applications using Azure Functions.
- A recipe-based guide that will teach you to build a robust serverless environment.
Microsoft provides a solution to easily run small segment of code in the Cloud with Azure Functions. Azure Functions provides solutions for processing data, integrating systems, and building simple APIs and microservices.
The book will start with intermediate-level recipes on serverless computing along with some use cases on benefits and key features of Azure Functions. Then this book will deep dive into core aspects of Azure Functions like the services it provides, how you can develop and write Azure functions along with monitoring and troubleshooting them. Later, this book will consist of practical recipes on integrating DevOps with Azure functions providing continuous deployment with Visual Studio Team Services, GitHub, or BitBucket. Later, this book will also provides hands-on steps and tutorials based on real-world serverless use cases, to guide readers in configuring and setting up their serverless environments with ease. Finally, this book will teach readers to manage Azure functions, providing enterprise level security and compliance to your serverless code architecture.
By the end of this book readers will gain all the skills required to work with serverless code architecture providing continuous delivery to your users.
What you will learn
- Develop different Event Based handlers supported by Serverless architecture supported by Microsoft Cloud Platform - Azure.
- Integrate Azure Functions with different Azure Services for developing Enterprise level applications.
- Best practice for organizing and refactoring the code within the Azure Functions.
- Test, troubleshoot and monitor the Azure Functions for delivering high quality, reliable and robust cloud centric applications.
- Automate mundane tasks at various levels right from development to deployment and maintenance.