The Essential Guide to Application Service Providers
Jon William Toigo
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-09-10
- 售價: $1,230
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,169
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 432
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130191981
- ISBN-13: 9780130191984
$299Citrix MetaFrame XP: Advanced Technical Design Guide, 2/e
$399Authorized Self-Study Guide: Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN), 4/e
- The complete guide to defining-and using-the right ASP solutions
- How to manage the risks and opportunities of ASP relationships
- How to ensure performance, security, and reliability in ASP-supported applications
The practical guide to ASPs: strategies, tactics, implementation, and management.
Using Application Service Providers (ASPs) can save companies money, expedite the deployment of new enterprise applications, and enable the re-allocation of scarce resources to strategic business opportunities. Here's a complete guide to ASPs for every business decision-maker. In concise, easy-to-understand language, Jon William Toigo presents the business case for using ASP services, identifies the pitfalls and how to avoid them, explains the technologies supporting the services, and offers practical guidance on leveraging ASPs for maximum competitive advantage. The book answers important questions, including:
- How does ASP "out tasking" fit with familiar outsourcing and time-sharing approaches?
- Who are the leading ASPs, and what differentiates one vendor from another?
- What applications ASPs do offer: from desktop to enterprise, payroll to storage?
- How do ASPs deliver the goods using multi-tier client/server and Web technology?
- How can ASPs drive down the cost of owning and managing e-business infrastructure?
- How can ASPs facilitate supply chain management and business process management?
- What really needs to be considered when evaluating the ASP option?
- How can requirements be identified and specified to ensure that an ASP meets them?
- How can ASP performance be measured?
- What steps can be taken to safeguard key business processes from an ASP failure?
Drawing on real-world examples, this book offers a complete, step-by-step methodology for determining how and when to use ASPs, choosing the right provider, negotiating the best contract, deploying service efficiently, and managing ASP relationships for long-term success.
Table of Contents
Preface and Acknowledgments: The Emerging ASP.
Foreword by Christopher R. McCleary.
I. ASP FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Setting The Stage.
2. What is an Application Service Provider?
3. How Does an ASP Differ from Traditional Computing Models?
4. ASP Arrangements and Traditional Outsourcing.
5. The Contemporary ASP Market: Vendors, Intermediaries, and Aggregators.
6. So, What is Holding Up the ASP Revolution?
II. ASP ENABLING TECHNOLOGY.
7. Basic Concepts: Application Software.
8. Basic Concepts: The Role of Middleware.
9. Basic Concepts: The Application Server.
10. Basic Concepts: Web Technology.
11. Putting It All Together: The Hosting Environment.
12. Networked Services.
III. BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP.
13. Building an ASP Solution.
14. Setting ASP Selection Criteria.
15. ASP SLAs and Contracts.
16. Managing the ASP Relationship.
Afterword by Traver GruenPKennedy.