- The Oracle SQL every DBA needs—fast and easy!
- Covers all the core day-to-day tasks DBAs are responsible for
- Quick access to SQL commands, operators, functions, data dictionary views,
- Includes dozens of easy-to-understand syntax diagrams
The fast, practical Oracle SQL reference for every Oracle DBA!
you're a working Oracle DBA, here's the Oracle SQL reference you've been
searching for—simple, straightforward, and incredibly easy to use! There's no
faster way to discover the exact syntax you need...refresh your memory about
that option you haven't used lately...find the name of that view you know
exists...start using that new Oracle 9i
feature you haven't tried yet.
Keep it by your desk, near your server...wherever you need fast, reliable
answers right this minute!
- Covers Oracle SQL through Oracle9i Release 2
- Clear, well-organized tables of operators, functions, format models,
privileges, and reserved words
- Complete command reference: syntax and options for every Oracle SQL
- Standard "railroad" syntax diagrams make it easy to write correct syntax
- Handy listings of data dictionary views and dynamic performance
How To Use This Book.
Talk To Us.
1. Programmatic and General Reference.
Operators. Arithmetic Operators. Logical
Operators. Comparison Operators. Select Operators. Precedence. Functions. Single
Row Functions. Aggregate Functions. Analytical Functions. Object Reference
Functions. Format models. Date Format Models. Date Prefixes and Suffixes. Number
Format Models. Reserved Words. Privileges. System Privileges. Object Privileges.
2. SQL Command Reference.
Alter. Alter Cluster. Alter Database. Alter
Dimension. Alter Function. Alter Index. Alter Indextype. Alter Java. Alter
Materialized View. Alter Materialized View Log. Alter Operator. Alter Outline.
Alter Package. Alter Procedure. Alter Profile. Alter Resource Cost. Alter Role.
Alter Rollback Segment. Alter Sequence. Alter Session. Alter System. Alter
Table. Alter Tablespace. Alter Trigger. Alter Type. Alter User. Alter View.
Analyze. Associate Statistics. Audit. Call. Comment. Commit. Create. Create
Cluster. Create Context. Create Controlfile Create Database. Create Database
Link. Create Dimension. Create Directory. Create Function. Create Index. Create
Indextype. Create Java. Create Library. Create Materialized View. Create
Materialized View Log. Create Operator. Create Outline. Create Package. Create
Package Body. Create pfile. Create Procedure. Create Profile. Create Role.
Create Rollback Segment. Create Schema. Create Sequence. Create spfile. Create
Synonym. Create Table. Create Tablespace. Create Temporary Tablespace. Create
Trigger. Create Type. Create Type Body. Create User. Create View. Delete.
Disassociate Statistics. Drop. Explain Plan. Grant. Insert. Lock Table. Merge.
Noaudit. Rename. Revoke. Rollback. Savepoint. Select. Set Constraints. Set Role.
Set Transaction. Truncate. Update. Common. Allocate extent. Constraints.
Deallocate Unused. File Specification. Logging. Parallel. Physical Attributes.
3. Special Views and Tables.
Data Dictionary Views. Dynamic