SAFe 4.0 Distilled: Applying the Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Software and Systems Engineering
Richard Knaster, Dean Leffingwell
“SAFe® 4.0 Distilled is the book we’ve all been waiting for. It breaks down the complexity of the Framework into easily digestible explanations and actionable guidance. A must-have resource for beginners as well as seasoned practitioners.”
—Lee Cunningham, Sr. Director, Enterprise Agile Strategy at VersionOne, Inc.
To succeed in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, businesses must be able to rapidly change the way they create and deliver value to their customers. Hundreds of the world’s most successful companies—including Hewlett Packard Enterprise, AstraZeneca, Cisco, and Philips—have turned to the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to achieve agility at scale and maintain a competitive edge.
SAFe® 4.0 Distilled: Applying the Scaled Agile Framework® for Lean Software and Systems Engineering explains how adopting SAFe can quickly improve time to market and increase productivity, quality, and employee engagement.
In this book, you will
- Understand the business case for SAFe: its benefits, the problems it solves, and how to apply it
- Get an overview of SAFe across all parts of the business: team, program, value stream, and portfolio
- Learn why SAFe works: the power of SAFe’s Lean-Agile mindset, values, and principles
- Discover how systems thinking, Agile development, and Lean product development form the underlying basis for SAFe
- Learn how to become a Lean-Agile leader and effectively drive an enterprise-wide transformation