Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Tracy Syrstad explain how to build more powerful, reliable, and efficient Excel spreadsheets.
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine Excel task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won't find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you instantly visualize information to make it actionable; capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere; and automate the best new features in Excel and Excel in Office 365. You'll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with examples and complete, easy-to-adapt solutions.
By reading this book, you will:
- Quickly master Excel macro development
- Work more efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Generate automated reports and quickly adapt them for new requirements
- Learn to automate pivot tables to summarize, analyze, explore, and present data
- Use custom dialog boxes to collect data from others using Excel
- Improve the reliability and resiliency of your macros
- Integrate data from the internet, Access databases, and other sources
- Automatically generate charts, visualizations, sparklines, and Word documents
- Create powerful solutions with classes, collections, and custom functions
- Solve sophisticated business analysis problems more rapidly
About This Book
- For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time
- For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, has been using spreadsheets since 1985, and he launched the MrExcel.com website in 1998. Bill was a regular guest on Call for Help with Leo Laporte and has produced more than 2,300 episodes of his daily video podcast, Learn Excel from MrExcel. He is the author of 65 books about Microsoft Excel and writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Bill spent 12 years in the trenches--working as a financial analyst for finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida, with his wife, Mary Ellen.
Tracy Syrstad is a Microsoft Excel developer and author of ten Excel books. She has been helping people with Microsoft Office issues since 1997, when she discovered free online forums where anyone could ask and answer questions. Tracy found out she enjoyed teaching others new skills, and when she began working as a developer, she was able to integrate the fun of teaching with one-on-one online desktop sharing sessions. Tracy lives on an acreage in eastern South Dakota with her husband, two cats, two horses, and a variety of wild foxes, squirrels, and rabbits.