Wrox Visual Basic 2005 Set
Roger Jennings, Rod Stephens
The set of books includes:
- Visual Basic Programmer’s Reference
- Expert one-on-one Visual Basic Design & Development
- Expert one-on-one Visual Basic 2005 Database Programming
There has never been a better time to learn Visual Basic than now.
Learn the basics of Visual Basic 2005 programming, then specific language features, and soon you’ll be programming using the increased set of language options offered with the VB 2005 release
- The fundamental concepts of object-oriented programming with Visual Basic, including classes and structures, inheritance and interfaces, and generics
- How an application can interact with its environment, save and load data in external sources, and use standard dialog controls
- The syntax for declaring subroutines, functions, generics, classes, and other important language concepts
Are you ready to take your applications to the next level by harnessing all of Visual Basic 2005's unmatched tools for programming, debugging, and refactoring code?
Learn from the experts proven techniques for developing even the most complex Visual Basic applications. Including expert tips on modeling, user interface design, and testing so that you can master the advanced features of this language.
- How to add scripting, reflection, and advanced printing to your applications
- Ways to write add-ins for the VB 2005 development environment
- How to build custom controls by using UserControl, subclassing, and by using from-scratch methods
- Tips for making development and maintenance of apps easier
- How to utilize advanced debugging and testing techniques
- How to use the new Visual Basic 2005 threading tools
Are you hesitant to migrate to Visual Studio(r) 2005? Maybe you're ready to upgrade to Visual Basic 2005 but feel a bit overwhelmed by ADO.NET 2.0 and the Visual Data Tools of this new release.
Learn the best practices, the latest features, and advanced data management techniques with Visual Basic 2005 and SQL Server or SQL Server Express 2005.
- How to build usable Windows(r) and Web forms from a sample database in less than five minutes-without writing a line of code
- Effective writing of data validation code for bound text boxes and DataGridViews
- Ways to apply advanced ASP.NET 2.0 data techniques
The process of creating and deploying VB 2005 SQL CLR projects