Clinical Cases: A Step-By-Step Approach
Solomon, Andrew, Anstey, Julia, Wittner, Liora
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2021-04-12
- 售價: $940
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $893
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 240
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0815367147
- ISBN-13: 9780815367147
It is vitally important for medical students and junior doctors to grasp an understanding of 'real-life medicine'. This innovative book of cases shows how a particular presentation may progress, and the different complications that may arise and emerge over time, which may be missed by the 'snapshot in time' approach taken by many problem-based volumes. The content reflects the average length of stay for a patient in hospital, in which their situation can change in a multitude of ways, and the management of chronic conditions may also need to be adapted as complications arise.
- Demonstrates the real bedside experiences that medical students can expect, in whichever simple or complex way that they may present
- Cases selected from a range of sub-specialties for comprehensive coverage across the curriculum
- Illustrates the complicated, progressive problems that will be seen while practicing as a doctor with detailed diagrams and diagnostic imagery to aid understanding
- Shows, with timepoints, how differential diagnoses may change as more information becomes available and new symptoms arise
- Describes a typical initial hospital stay, and subsequent presentations to the general practitioner and hospital readmission
Andrew Solomon, BM BCH MA(Hons) DM FRCP, is a Consultant Physician, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, Stevenage, UK.
Julia Anstey, BSc (Hons) MBBS, is a Foundation Doctor, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Taunton, UK.
Liora Wittner, MBBS BSc, is a Resident in Internal Medicine, Shamir Medical Centre, Be'er Ya'akov, Israel.
With contributions from
Priti Dutta, MBBS BSc FRCR, Consultant Radiologist, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Dr Andrew Solomon is a Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist, East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, Stevenage, UK
Dr Julia Anstey is a Foundation Doctor, Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Taunton, UK
Dr Liora Wittner is a Resident in Internal Medicine, Shamir Medical Centre, Be'er Ya'akov, Israel.