Security and Microservice Architecture on Aws: Architecting and Implementing a Secured, Scalable Solution
Security is usually an afterthought when organizations design microservices for cloud systems. Most companies today are exposed to potential security threats, but their response is more reactive than proactive. That leads to unnecessarily complicated architecture that's harder to implement and even harder to manage and scale. Author Gaurav Raje shows you how to build highly secure systems on AWS without increasing overhead.
Ideal for cloud solution architects and software developers with AWS experience, this practical book starts with a high-level architecture and design discussion, then explains how to implement your solution in the cloud in a secure but frictionless manner. By leveraging the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, you'll be able to:
- Achieve complete mediation in microservices at the infrastructure level
- Implement a secure and reliable audit trail of all events within the system
- Develop architecture that aims to simplify compliance with various regulations in finance, medicine, and legal services
- Put systems in place that detect anomalous behavior and alert the proper administrators in case of a breach
- Scale security mechanisms on individual microservices independent of each other
Gaurav Raje has worked as a software architect for over 10 years. He has extensive experience in building and scaling applications that host sensitive data and have high availability requirements. Gaurav has paid special attention to safeguarding every user's information with security best practices. He has also worked on the AWS Certified Database Specialty Exam as a subject matter expert by writing and moderating various questions that ended up in the official test. He is author of the official SHA-224 package within the Jython programming language. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from NYU Stern School of Business and a master's in computer science from Rochester Institute of Technology.