Tableau Strategies: Solving Real, Practical Problems with Data Analytics
Jackson, Ann, Stanke, Luke
If you want to increase Tableau's value to your organization, this practical book has your back. Authors Ann Jackson and Luke Stanke guide data analysts through recipes for solving real-world analytics problems using Tableau. Starting with the basics and building toward advanced topics such as multidimensional analysis and user experience, you'll explore pragmatic and creative examples that you can apply to your own data.
Staying competitive today requires the ability to quickly analyze, visualize, and make data-driven decisions. With this guide, data practitioners and leaders alike will learn strategies for building compelling and purposeful visualizations, dashboards, and data products. Every chapter contains the why behind the solution and the technical knowledge you need to make it work.
- Visualize different data types and tackle specific data challenges
- Create compelling data visualizations, dashboards, and data products
- Learn how to generate industry-specific analytics
- Use this book as a high-value on-the-job reference guide to Tableau
- Explore categorical and quantitative analysis and comparisons
- Understand geospatial, dynamic, and statistical and multivariate analysis
- Communicate the value of the Tableau platform to your team and to stakeholders
Ann Jackson is founder and managing director at Jackson Two, a boutique consulting firm specializing in data analytics and visualization. In her practice, she empowers businesses to fully utilize their data assets. Ann has been recognized as a Tableau Zen Master for her proficiency with the product, her participation and leadership within the global community, and her contagious passion for data analytics.
Luke Stanke coleads an analytics consultancy firm that focuses on data visualization and advanced analytics. He's worked for some of the largest companies. Luke has been recognized as a Tableau Zen Master multiple times for his proficiency with the product, his willingness to share knowledge, and his wish to inspire the Tableau community and solutions of tomorrow.