Mastering Apache Pulsar: Cloud Native Event Streaming at Scale
- 出版商: O'Reilly
- 出版日期: 2022-01-11
- 售價: $2,200
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,090
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 242
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1492084905
- ISBN-13: 9781492084907
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
Every enterprise application creates data, including log messages, metrics, user activity, and outgoing messages. Learning how to move these items is almost as important as the data itself. If you're an application architect, developer, or production engineer new to Apache Pulsar, this practical guide shows you how to use this open source event streaming platform to handle real-time data feeds.
Jowanza Joseph, staff software engineer at Finicity, explains how to deploy production Pulsar clusters, write reliable event streaming applications, and build scalable real-time data pipelines with this platform. Through detailed examples, you'll learn Pulsar's design principles, reliability guarantees, key APIs, and architecture details, including the replication protocol, the load manager, and the storage layer.
This book helps you:
- Understand how event streaming fits in the big data ecosystem
- Explore Pulsar producers, consumers, and readers for writing and reading events
- Build scalable data pipelines by connecting Pulsar with external systems
- Simplify event-streaming application building with Pulsar Functions
- Manage Pulsar to perform monitoring, tuning, and maintenance tasks
- Use Pulsar's operational measurements to secure a production cluster
- Process event streams using Flink and query event streams using Presto
Jowanza Joseph is a Staff Software Engineer at Finicity. Jowanza leads the development of Finicity's Open Banking Event Mesh. Jowanza has worked on streaming and messaging technologies for close to a decade. Previous to Finicity, Jowanza worked on the Streaming Data Platform at Pluralsight, working with Apache Kafka, Akka, and Kubernetes at scale. Earlier, he worked with Apache Pulsar, using Pulsar to build a fully managed messaging and stream processing platform, processing billions of messages per day. With his passion for distributed systems and messaging systems, Jowanza writes about these topics on his blog. Jowanza is also an avid public speaker. Over the years, he has given talks on Apache Pulsar and other topics at Strange Loop, Abstractions, Strata O'Reilly Conference, Open Source Summit, and The Lead Dev.