Alfresco for Administrators
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-04-29
- 售價: $1,140
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,083
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 188
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782175032
- ISBN-13: 9781782175032
- Understand system capabilities in order to make informed and appropriate decisions about its administration
- Manage users, groups, email, file systems, and transformer availability using Alfresco
- Use Alfresco to capture and efficiently manage information about repositories, servers, and statistics
Alfresco is an open source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system for Windows and Linux-like operating systems.
The year-on-year growth of business connections, contacts, and communications is expanding enterprise boundaries more than ever before. Alfresco enables organizations to collaborate more effectively, improve business process efficiency, and ensure information governance.
The basic purpose of Alfresco is to help users to capture and manage information in a better way. It helps you capture, organize, and share binary files.
This book will cover the basic building blocks of an Alfresco system, how the components fit together, and the information required to build a system architecture.
This book will also focus on security aspects of Alfresco. such as authentication, troubleshooting, managing permissions, and so on.
It will also focus on managing content and storage, indexing and searches, setting up clustering for high availability, and so forth.
What you will learn
- Understand Alfresco's architecture and important building blocks
- Learn to install Alfresco on various application servers such as Tomcat , JBoss, and WebLogic.
- Become familiar with various configurations in Alfresco such as databases, filesystems, email, and audits
- Administrate Alfresco using the Explorer Admin Console, Share Admin Console, and Workflow Admin Console
- Understand how to integrate LDAP and Active Directory with Alfresco for centralized user management
- Learn how Alfresco environments can be clustered for high availability
- Fully understand how Alfresco stores content and easily retrieve any information from Alfresco
- Monitor and manage Alfresco systems in production
About the Author
Vandana Pal is a software engineer and author. She currently works as senior consultant at CIGNEX Datamatics.
She has extensive experience working with Enterprise Digital Asset Management and Content Management Systems. She has worked with various deployments of Alfresco in various domains, such as media, finance, and healthcare, for different organizations across the world. She has hands-on experience working with architecture design, performance tuning, security implementation, integration, and the orchestration of complex workflows in Alfresco.
She has more than 7 years of experience in software engineering. Her journey in this field began when she started working with different open source technologies and found them interesting. She holds a bachelors of engineering degree in information technology from Gujarat University, India.
Vandana has also coauthored Alfresco 4 Enterprise Content Management Implementation.
Table of Contents
- Understanding Alfresco
- Setting Up the Alfresco Environment
- Alfresco Configuration
- Administration of Alfresco
- Permissions and Security
- High Availability in Alfresco
- The Basics of the Alfresco Content Store
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting