OAuth 2.0 Identity and Access Management Patterns
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-28
- 售價: $1,260
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,197
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 128
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783285591
- ISBN-13: 9781783285594
Want to learn the world’s most widely used authorization framework? This tutorial will have you implementing secure Oauth 2.0 grant flows without delay. Written for practical application and clear instruction, it’s the complete guide.
- Build web, client-side, desktop, and server-side secure OAuth 2.0 client applications by utilizing the appropriate grant flow for the given scenario
- Get to know the inner workings of OAuth 2.0 and learn how to handle and implement various authorization flows
- Explore practical code examples that are executable as standalone applications running on top of Spring MVC
OAuth 2.0 has become the most widely used authorization framework. It provides an easy-to-use sign-in mechanism and allows users to quickly and efficiently secure service APIs. It also provides a protection layer for assets so that various third-party applications cannot have direct access to them. From service providers like Amazon and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to various internal enterprise solutions, OAuth 2.0 is the preferred standard for authorization.
OAuth 2.0 Identity and Access Management Patterns is a step-by-step guide to build web, client-side, desktop, and server-side secure OAuth 2.0 client applications by utilizing the appropriate authorization techniques.. This book will help you handle and implement various authorization flows for your chosen type of application. Furthermore, you will understand when and how OAuth 2.0 is used in enterprises for trusted and first-party applications. You will gain knowledge about the Resource Owner Password Credentials grant and the Client Credentials grant, and more importantly, you will understand how to implement them yourself with the help of practical code examples.
You will start by making various client applications step-by-step before moving on to client registration and implementing various OAuth 2.0 authorization flows. Furthermore, you will also be handling server responses with access tokens and errors. By the end of this book, you should understand precisely what it takes for these client applications to be secured.
This book helps you cover each type of application: web, client-side, desktop, and trusted applications. In addition, you are also shown how to implement various authorization grant flows for each of these applications. You will uncover the security features that are a part of OAuth 2.0. More importantly, the book demonstrates what information is transmitted during the execution of a flow, and which precautions can be made. With OAuth 2.0 Identity and Access Management Patterns, you will be able to build a secure OAuth 2.0 client application with full confidence and will completely understand what data is exchanged when performing an authorization grant flow.
What you will learn from this book
- Master the meaning of key terms used and defined in the OAuth 2.0 specification
- Create OAuth 2.0 web applications and learn the Authorization Code grant
- Generate client-side OAuth 2.0 applications and learn the Implicit grant
- Design OAuth 2.0 mobile applications with the Implicit and Authorization Code grants
- Develop trusted OAuth 2.0 applications and learn the Resource Owner Password Credentials grant and the Client Credentials grant
- Understand which security features OAuth 2.0 contains, what information is to be protected, and what precautions should be put in place
- Explore the basics of SAML 2.0 Assertions and how to use them as a means of additional security
- Know which tools and libraries are available for faster development