Create your own massively scalable Cassandra database with highly responsive database queries
About This Book
- Create a Cassandra cluster and tweak its configuration to get the best performance based on your environment
- Analyze the key concepts and architecture of Cassandra, which are essential to create highly responsive Cassandra databases
- A fast-paced and step-by-step guide on handling huge amount of data and getting the best out of your database applications
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who is working with Cassandra and you want to deep dive into the core concepts and understand Cassandra's non-relational nature, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of Cassandra is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Install and set up your Cassandra Cluster using various installation types
- Use Cassandra Query Language (CQL) to design Cassandra database and tables with various configuration options
- Design your Cassandra database to be evenly loaded with the lowest read/write latencies
- Employ the available Cassandra tools to monitor and maintain a Cassandra cluster
- Debug CQL queries to discover why they are performing relatively slowly
- Choose the best-suited compaction strategy for your database based on your usage pattern
- Tune Cassandra based on your deployment operation system environment
Apache Cassandra Essentials takes you step-by-step from from the basics of installation to advanced installation options and database design techniques. It gives you all the information you need to effectively design a well distributed and high performance database. You'll get to know about the steps that are performed by a Cassandra node when you execute a read/write query, which is essential to properly maintain of a Cassandra cluster and to debug any issues. Next, you'll discover how to integrate a Cassandra driver in your applications and perform read/write operations. Finally, you'll learn about the various tools provided by Cassandra for serviceability aspects such as logging, metrics, backup, and recovery.