Raspberry Pi Robotics Projects, 2/e（Paperback）
Get the most out of Raspberry Pi to build enthralling robotics projects
About This Book
- Make your projects talk and understand speech with the Raspberry Pi
- Use a standard webcam to make your projects see and enhance vision capabilities
- Full of simple, easy-to-understand instructions to bring your Raspberry Pi online to develop robotics projects
- Describe how to access the GPIO pins to provide access to a wide array of additional hardware capabilities
Who This Book Is For
This book is for enthusiasts who want to use the Raspberry Pi to build complex robotics projects. With the aid of the step-by-step instructions in this book, you can construct complex robotics projects that can move, talk, listen, see, swim, or fly. No previous Raspberry Pi robotics experience is assumed, but even experts will find unexpected and interesting information in this invaluable guide.
What You Will Learn
- Unbox, power-up, and configure Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu, a powerful version of Linux
- Exercise vision control in your projects to distinguish colors, patterns, or movements
- Apply and control speech software to enable your projects to speak
- Discover external hardware to enable your robotics projects to move
- Create complex robotics projects that can move, swim, or even fly
- Interact with your projects wirelessly so that they can be truly autonomous
- Use the GPIO to communicate with external sensors
This book starts with the essentials of turning on the basic hardware. It provides the capability to interpret your commands and have your robot initiate actions. In this second edition, you will learn more specifics on how to use the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pins to communicate with and control a wide range of additional hardware.
Teaching you to use the Raspberry Pi from scratch, this book will discuss a wide range of capabilities that can be achieved with it. These capabilities include voice recognition, human-like speech simulation, computer vision, motor control, GPS location, and wireless control. You will then learn how to combine these capabilities to create your own robotics projects. By the end of the book, you will be able to employ the Raspberry Pi to build some intricate and enthralling robotics projects with ease.