Reactive Programming with Swift
- Build highly responsive applications with this practical introduction to Reactive programming
- This book uses ReactiveCocoa, the most popular solution for Reactive Programming on iOS to install, debug, and develop a framework with Swift
- Switch from the traditional programming style to the reactive paradigm to code your first reactive applications with ease
Reactive programming helps you write applications that are more powerful and efficient. You can write more software, help more people, and create applications that scale. Reactive programming is a growing paradigm that we will help you set to work in Swift.
Reactive Programming with Swift guides you through migrating from the traditional way of developing to the new ReactiveCocoa framework, which uses Swift as its main programming language. You will learn how to develop with this framework, debug code, create unit tests, use additional frameworks, and convert a traditional framework into a ReactiveCocoa one.
Starting with a crash course on the fundamental concepts of Reactive programming, we'll set you up so you're ready to create reactive applications. We'll then move on to topics such as Graphical events, Streaming, and Core data, which will help you dive deeper with advanced programming. The concept of switching your programming concepts from imperative to functional reactive programming will also be covered. By the end of this book, you will be able to successfully create highly functional apps using Swift.
What you will learn
- Switch your programming concepts from imperative to Functional reactive programming
- Improve your app's maintenance by developing with a different paradigm
- Create unit tests and automation tests using the ReactiveCocoa framework
- Create clear code that is very easy to read
- Get accustomed to migrating mobile apps to the Reactive way of programming
- Perform asynchronous calls and join them later
About the Author
Cecil Costa, also known as Eduardo Campos in Latin countries, is a Euro-Brazilian freelance developer who has been learning about computers since getting his first PC (AT 286) in 1990. From then on, he kept learning about programming languages, computer architecture, and computer science theory. Learning is his passion as well as teaching; this is the reason why he worked as a trainer, providing on-site courses for companies such as Ericsson, Roche, TVE (a Spanish television channel), and many other companies. Nowadays, he also teaches through online platforms, helping people from every part of the world.
In 2008, he founded his own company, Conglomo Limited, which offers development and training programs, both on-site in Europe and online.
Over his professional career, he has created projects by himself and also worked for different sized companies, such as IBM, Qualcomm, Spanish Lottery, and DIA%. Writing books is his new passion, and he is the author of Swift Cookbook, Packt Publishing.
Nowadays, Cecil is based in Manchester, UK, where he is progressing his professional career working with mobile apps.