- Get the best out of the latest Sharepoint Framework and leverage the Sharepoint RESTful and JSOM APIs.
- Get the best tips and tricks on designing your website flawlessly.
SharePoint is one of Microsoft's best known web platforms. A loyal audience of developers, IT Pros and power users use it to build line of business solutions.
The SharePoint Framework (SPFx) is a new option for developing SharePoint solutions. SPFx is still nascent, and many developers are creating full-trust based solutions or add-in solutions, while also having to figure out where and how SPFx fits in the big picture.
This book shows you how design, build, deploy and manage SharePoint Framework (SPFx) based solutions in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016.
This book provides you a clear and consistent approach for getting started with SharePoint Framework. We will go through the core features and limitations of SPFx, picking a path for you to get moving as quickly as possible.
You will also find real-world guidance on migrating away from full-trust based code, and approaches to migrate existing SharePoint Online-based customizations to SPFx.
The book starts by getting you familiar with the basic capabilities of SPFx. After that, we will walk through the toolchain on how to best create production-ready solutions that can be easily deployed manually or fully automated throughout your target Office 365 tenants.
We'll walk through setting up, configuring and using Visual Studio Code, the de facto development environment for SPFx-based solutions. Next, we'll provide guidance and a solid approach to packaging and deploying your code.
Since many of the customizations required for business applications will be running client-side, instead of server-side, we present a straightforward approach to troubleshooting and debugging your code in this environment.
What you will learn
- Understand what SharePoint Framework is
- Learn to create modern solutions using the new tools, approaches and frameworks
- Understand how Visual Studio Code differs from other development tools, and learn to use it effectively
- Package and deploy your code, using automation as needed
- Work with content and data stored in SharePoint
- Benefit from 3rd party frameworks without having to build your own frameworks
- Debug and troubleshoot your code with ease
- Configuring Security in your application