Hybrid Cloud for Developers: Develop and deploy cost-effective applications on the AWS and OpenStack platforms with ease
Develop and manage applications on the AWS and OpenStack platforms with this comprehensive learning guide.
- A step-by-step guide to help you develop applications on the hybrid cloud platform.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the OpenStack and AWS cloud platforms.
- Extensive source code examples for OpenStack and AWS applications.
- Easily troubleshoot OpenStack and AWS issues.
- Understand the best practices and security measures for the hybrid cloud platform.
This book introduces you to the hybrid cloud platform, and focuses on the AWS public cloud and OpenStack private cloud platforms. It provides a deep dive into the AWS and OpenStack cloud platform services that are essential for developing hybrid cloud applications. You will learn to develop applications on AWS and OpenStack platforms with ease by leveraging various cloud services and taking advantage of PaaS.
The book provides you with the ability to leverage the flexibility of choosing a cloud platform for migrating your existing resources to the cloud, as well as developing hybrid cloud applications that can migrate virtual machine instances from AWS to OpenStack and vice versa. You will also be able to build and test cloud applications without worrying about the system that your development environment supports.
The book also provides an in-depth understanding of the best practices that are followed across the industry for developing cloud applications, as well as for adapting the hybrid cloud platform. Lastly, it also sheds light on various troubleshooting techniques for OpenStack and AWS cloud platform services that are consumed by hybrid cloud applications.
By the end of this book, you will have a deep understanding of the hybrid cloud platform and will be able to develop robust, efficient, modular, scalable, and flexible cloud applications.
What you will learn
- Understand the hybrid cloud platform
- Explore the AWS and OpenStack cloud platforms in depth
- Develop AWS applications with source code examples
- Develop OpenStack applications with source code examples
- Troubleshoot OpenStack and AWS
- Learn hybrid cloud best practices
- Understand security measures on the hybrid cloud
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT professional, developer, or a DevOps engineer looking to develop and manage your applications on the hybrid cloud platform, then this book is for you. Some prior knowledge of the public and private cloud will enhance your skills. Developers looking to build applications using AWS or OpenStack services will also benefit from this book.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Hybrid Cloud
- Exploring Amazon Web Services Cloud
- Exploring OpenStack Cloud
- AWS Cloud Development - Writing AWS applications
- OpenStack Development - Building OpenStack applications
- Public to Private Cloud Migration
- AWS and OpenStack Best Practices
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Hybrid Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud Security