Scale applications with high availability and optimized resource management across data centers
- Create clusters and perform scheduling, logging, and resource administration with Mesos
- Explore practical examples of managing complex clusters at scale with real-world data
- Write native Mesos frameworks with Python
Apache Mesos is an open source cluster manager that provides efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks. This book will help you build a strong foundation of Mesos' capabilities along with practical examples to support the concepts explained throughout the book.
Learn Apache Mesos dives straight into how Mesos works. You will be introduced to the distributed system and its challenges and then learn how you can use Mesos and its framework to solve data problems. You will also gain a full understanding of Mesos' internal mechanisms and get equipped to use Mesos and develop applications. Furthermore, this book lets you explore all the steps required to create highly available clusters and build your own Mesos frameworks. You will also cover application deployment and monitoring.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to use Mesos to make full use of machines and how to simplify data center maintenance.
What you will learn
- Deploy and monitor a Mesos cluster
- Set up servers on AWS to deploy Mesos components
- Explore Mesos resource scheduling and the allocation module
- Deploy Docker-based services and applications using Mesos Marathon
- Configure and use SSL to protect crucial endpoints of your Mesos cluster
- Debug and troubleshoot services and workloads on a Mesos cluster
Who this book is for
This book is for DevOps and data engineers and administrators who work with large data clusters. You'll also find this book useful if you have experience working with virtualization, databases, and platforms such as Hadoop and Spark. Some experience in database administration and design will help you get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Apache Mesos
- Setup of Servers on AWS
- Setting up Mesos Single and Multi-node cluster
- Mesos Fundamentals
- Deploying application using Marathon
- Configuring Mesos Logging and Debugging
- Setting up Cassandra on Mesos
- Managing Resources in Mesos