Hands-On Agile Software Development with JIRA: Plan, track, and release your projects with JIRA
Plan, track, and release great software
- Plan and manage projects effortlessly with JIRA.
- Improve your team's performance using Agile processes such as Scrum with JIRA.
- Easy-to-follow learning video to get you started using JIRA cloud-based software
- Understand how JIRA works so you can confidently deliver projects
JIRA Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, Kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool. JIRA Software brings the power of the agile methodology to Atlassian's JIRA Software.
With this book, you will dive straight into the action, exploring critical agile terminologies and concepts in the context of JIRA Software. You will learn how to plan, track, and release great software. This book will teach you how to choose a workflow, set issue types and assign permissions. You will learn to stay connected with your team from anywhere to ensure great development. You will also be able to use JIRA Dashboards to broadcast your project results to all stakeholders so everyone is aligned.
By the end of this book, you will have developed a great working knowledge of JIRA Software, thus making your project management much more efficient.
What you will learn
- Create your first project (and manage existing projects) in JIRA
- Manage your board view and backlogs in JIRA
- Run a Scrum Sprint Project in JIRA
- Create reports (including topic-based reports)
- Forecast using versions
- Search for issues with JQL
- Execute bulk changes to issues
- Create custom filters, dashboards, and widgets
- Create epics, stories, bugs, and tasks.
Who This Book Is For
If you want to get started with JIRA Software and learn how to run your JIRA projects the agile way, then this is the perfect video for you. You will need to be familiar with the basics of JIRA, from both the end user and administrator perspectives. Experience with workflows, custom fields, and other administrative functions of JIRA will be useful.