Implementing Azure DevOps Solutions: Learn about Azure DevOps Services to successfully apply DevOps strategies
Henry Been , Maik van der Gaag
A comprehensive guide to becoming a skilled Azure DevOps engineer
- Explore a step-by-step approach to designing and creating a successful DevOps environment
- Understand how to implement continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines on Azure
- Integrate and implement security, compliance, containers, and databases in your DevOps strategies
Implementing Azure DevOps Solutions helps DevOps engineers and administrators to leverage Azure DevOps Services to master practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), containerization, and zero downtime deployments.
This book starts with the basics of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated deployments. You will then learn how to apply configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) along with managing databases in DevOps scenarios. Next, you will delve into fitting security and compliance with DevOps. As you advance, you will explore how to instrument applications, and gather metrics to understand application usage and user behavior. The latter part of this book will help you implement a container build strategy and manage Azure Kubernetes Services. Lastly, you will understand how to create your own Azure DevOps organization, along with covering quick tips and tricks to confidently apply effective DevOps practices.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the knowledge you need to ensure seamless application deployments and business continuity.
What you will learn
- Get acquainted with Azure DevOps Services and DevOps practices
- Implement CI/CD processes
- Build and deploy a CI/CD pipeline with automated testing on Azure
- Integrate security and compliance in pipelines
- Understand and implement Azure Container Services
- Become well versed in closing the loop from production back to development
Who this book is for
This DevOps book is for software developers and operations specialists interested in implementing DevOps practices for the Azure cloud. Application developers and IT professionals with some experience in software development and development practices will also find this book useful. Some familiarity with Azure DevOps basics is an added advantage. Professionals preparing for the Exam AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions certification will also find this book useful.
Henry Been has been working in IT for over ten years. He is an independent architect, developer, and trainer in a number of companies. With many of these companies, he has embarked on a journey implementing practices such as continuous integration and deployment, infrastructure as code, trunk-based development, and implementing feedback loops. Alongside his work, he creates online training courses for A Cloud Guru, and frequently speaks at meetups and conferences. He was awarded the Microsoft MVP award in 2019.
Maik van der Gaag is an architect and trainer at 3fifty, an experienced consultancy company with a strong focus on the Microsoft cloud. He has over 15 years' experience of providing architecture, development, training, and design expertise. During his career, he has worked on a variety of projects, ranging from cloud transformations to DevOps implementations. He loves to share his knowledge, which was also one of the reasons why he founded the Dutch Cloud meetup. Maik is a public speaker, writes blogs, and organizes events.
- Introduction to DevOps
- Everything starts with Source Control
- Moving to Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Dependency management
- Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Dealing with databases in DevOps scenario's
- Continuous testing
- Security and compliance
- Application Monitoring
- Gathering user feedback
- Planning your Azure DevOps Organization
- AZ-400 Mock exams