Cross-Platform Development with Qt 6 and Modern C++: Design and build applications with modern graphical user interfaces without worrying about platfo
Enhance your cross-platform programming abilities with the powerful features and capabilities of Qt 6
- Leverage Qt and C++ capabilities to create modern, cross-platform applications that can run on a wide variety of software applications
- Explore what's new in Qt 6 and understand core concepts in depth
- Build professional customized GUI applications with the help of Qt Creator
Qt is a cross-platform application development framework widely used for developing applications that can run on a wide range of hardware platforms with little to no change in the underlying codebase. If you have basic knowledge of C++ and want to build desktop or mobile applications with a modern graphical user interface (GUI), Qt is the right choice for you. Cross-Platform Development with Qt 6 and Modern C++ helps you understand why Qt is one of the favorite GUI frameworks adopted by industries worldwide, covering the essentials of programming GUI apps across a multitude of platforms using the standard C++17 and Qt 6 features.
Starting with the fundamentals of the Qt framework, including the features offered by Qt Creator, this practical guide will show you how to create classic user interfaces using Qt Widgets and touch-friendly user interfaces using Qt Quick. As you advance, you'll explore the Qt Creator IDE for developing applications for multiple desktops as well as for embedded and mobile platforms. You will also learn advanced concepts about signals and slots. Finally, the book takes you through debugging and testing your app with Qt Creator IDE.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build cross-platform applications with a modern GUI along with the speed and power of native apps.
What You Will Learn:
- Write cross-platform code using the Qt framework to create interactive applications
- Build a desktop application using Qt Widgets
- Create a touch-friendly user interface with Qt Quick
- Develop a mobile application using Qt and deploy it on different platforms
- Get to grips with Model/View programming with Qt Widgets and Qt Quick
- Discover Qt's graphics framework and add animations to your user interface
- Write test cases using the Qt Test framework and debug code
- Build a translation-aware application
- Follow best practices in Qt to write high-performance code
Who this book is for:
This book is for application developers who want to use C++ and Qt to create modern, responsive applications that can be deployed to multiple operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and Linux desktop platforms. Although no prior knowledge of Qt is expected, beginner-level knowledge of the C++ programming language and object-oriented programming system (OOPs) concepts will be helpful.