Application Development with Qt Creator
Learning an integrated development environment (IDE) can transform your capabilities as a developer. This book will help you harness the power of Qt Creator to GUI applications that cross all major platforms.
- Introduces the basic concepts of programming using Qt and the Qt Quick framework, with tips and tricks to help you make the most of Qt Creator
- Shows you how to write cross-platform mobile applications with Qt Creator
- Full of illustrations and diagrams, with clear step-by-step instructions and practical examples that will help you build cross-platform applications using Qt and Qt Quick
Qt Creator is the leading open-source, cross-platform integrated development environment (IDE) for building GUI applications that run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, and many embedded systems. It greatly simplifies cross-platform application development, targeting desktop computers, embedded platforms, and mobile systems. If you want to build and debug applications with Qt Creator in no time, then this book is for you.
This book provides a thorough introduction to using Qt Creator to make cross-platform applications that you can read in just a few hours. It covers everything you need to know to build applications with Qt Creator. This book also discusses the facets of Qt Creator that make it a valued software development environment for students and professionals alike.
The book starts by showing you how to get, install, and use Qt Creator, beginning with the basics of how to edit, compile, debug, and run applications. Along the way, you will learn to use Qt to write cross-platform GUI applications for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and Android in C++ and Qt Quick.
This book covers how to craft GUIs with Qt Designer, localize applications using Qt Linguist, and profile application performance with Qt Creator's tools and valgrind. You will gain valuable insight in constructing applications using Qt in C++ and Qt Quick, Qt's declarative GUI authoring platform and learn everything you need to know to use Qt Creator effectively as a software developer.
What you will learn from this book
- Use Qt Creator's editor to edit your application source and resource files
- Localize applications using Qt Linguist and Qt
- Design GUI applications using both Qt and Qt Quick
- Write mobile applications for Android using Qt Creator and Qt Quick
- Integrate version control with Qt Creator
- Gain valuable tips known only to professional developers
Written in a concise and easy-to-follow approach, this book will guide you to develop your first application with Qt with illustrated examples and screenshots
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer who is new to Qt and Qt Creator and is interested in harnessing the power of Qt for cross-platform development, this book is great for you. If you have basic experience programming in C++, you have what it takes to create great cross-platform applications using Qt and Qt Creator!