Architecting Google Cloud Solutions: Learn to design robust and future-proof solutions with Google Cloud technologies
Achieve your infrastructure goals and optimize business processes by designing robust, highly available, and dynamic solutions
- Gain hands-on experience in designing and managing high-performance cloud solutions
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform to optimize technical and business processes using cutting-edge technologies and services
- Use Google Cloud Big Data, AI, and ML services to design scalable and intelligent data solutions
Google has been one of the top players in the public cloud domain thanks to its agility and performance capabilities. This book will help you design, develop, and manage robust, secure, and dynamic solutions to successfully meet your business needs.
You'll learn how to plan and design network, compute, storage, and big data systems that incorporate security and compliance from the ground up. The chapters will cover simple to complex use cases for devising solutions to business problems, before focusing on how to leverage Google Cloud's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities for designing modern no-operations platforms. Throughout this book, you'll discover how to design for scalability, resiliency, and high availability. Later, you'll find out how to use Google Cloud to design modern applications using microservices architecture, automation, and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices. The concluding chapters then demonstrate how to apply machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to derive insights from your data. Finally, you will discover best practices for operating and monitoring your cloud solutions, as well as performing troubleshooting and quality assurance.
By the end of this Google Cloud book, you'll be able to design robust enterprise-grade solutions using Google Cloud Platform.
What You Will Learn:
- Get to grips with compute, storage, networking, data analytics, and pricing
- Discover delivery models such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Explore the underlying technologies and economics of cloud computing
- Design for scalability, business continuity, observability, and resiliency
- Secure Google Cloud solutions and ensure compliance
- Understand operational best practices and learn how to architect a monitoring solution
- Gain insights into modern application design with Google Cloud
- Leverage big data, machine learning, and AI with Google Cloud
Who this book is for:
This book is for cloud architects who are responsible for designing and managing cloud solutions with GCP. You'll also find the book useful if you're a system engineer or enterprise architect looking to learn how to design solutions with Google Cloud. Moreover, cloud architects who already have experience with other cloud providers and are now beginning to work with Google Cloud will benefit from the book. Although an intermediate-level understanding of cloud computing and distributed apps is required, prior experience of working in the public and hybrid cloud domain is not mandatory.