TypeScript 4 Design Patterns and Best Practices: Discover effective techniques and design patterns for every programming task
- Understand, analyze, and develop classical design patterns in TypeScript
- Explore advanced design patterns taken from functional programming and reactive programming
- Discover useful techniques and gotchas when developing large-scale TypeScript applications
This book takes a hands-on approach to helping you get up and running with the implementation of TypeScript design patterns and associated methodologies for writing testable code. You'll start by exploring the practical aspects of TypeScript 4 and its new features. The book will then take you through traditional gang of four (GOF) design patterns, such as behavioral, creational, and structural in their classic and alternative forms, and show you how you can use them in real-world development projects. Once you've got to grips with traditional design patterns, you'll advance to learning about their functional programming and reactive programming counterparts and how they can be coupled to deliver better and more idiomatic TypeScript code.
By the end of this TypeScript book, you'll be able to efficiently recognize when and how to use the right design patterns in any practical use case and gain the confidence to work on scalable and maintainable TypeScript projects of any size.
What you will learn
- Understand the role of design patterns and their significance
- Explore all significant design patterns within the context of TypeScript
- Find out how design patterns differ from design concepts
- Understand how to put the principles of design patterns into practice
- Discover additional patterns that stem from functional and reactive programming
- Recognize common gotchas and antipatterns when developing TypeScript applications and understand how to avoid them
Who this book is for
If you're a developer looking to learn how to apply established design patterns to solve common programming problems instead of reinventing solutions, you'll find this book useful. You're not expected to have prior knowledge of design patterns. Basic TypeScript knowledge is all you need to get started with this book.
Theo Despoudis lives in Ireland, where he works as a Software Engineer for WP Engine and as a part-time tech practitioner for Fixate. He is the co-author of The React Workshop and Advanced Go Programming in 7 Days, Dzone Core Member, and maintains some open source projects on GitHub. Theo is available for conference talks, independent consulting, and corporate training services opportunities.
- Getting Started With Typescript 4
- Typescript Principles and Use Cases
- Creational Design Patterns
- Structural Design Patterns
- Behavioral Design Patterns
- Functional Programming Design Concepts
- Reactive Design Patterns
- Developing Robust and Modern Typescript Applications
- Anti Patterns and Workarounds