Transformers for Natural Language Processing : Build, train, and fine-tune deep neural network architectures for NLP with Python, PyTorch, 2/e
$1,782Deep Learning with Python, 2/e (Paperback)
$1,782Natural Language Processing with Transformers: Building Language Applications with Hugging Face
Under the hood working of transformers, fine-tuning GPT-3 models, DeBERTa, vision models, and the start of Metaverse, using a variety of NLP platforms: Hugging Face, OpenAI API, Trax, and AllenNLP
- Implement models, such as BERT, Reformer, and T5, that outperform classical language models
- Compare NLP applications using GPT-3, GPT-2, and other transformers
- Analyze advanced use cases, including polysemy, cross-lingual learning, and computer vision
Transformers are a game-changer for natural language understanding (NLU) and have become one of the pillars of artificial intelligence.
Transformers for Natural Language Processing, 2nd Edition, investigates deep learning for machine translations, speech-to-text, text-to-speech, language modeling, question-answering, and many more NLP domains with transformers.
An Industry 4.0 AI specialist needs to be adaptable; knowing just one NLP platform is not enough anymore. Different platforms have different benefits depending on the application, whether it's cost, flexibility, ease of implementation, results, or performance. In this book, we analyze numerous use cases with Hugging Face, Google Trax, OpenAI, and AllenNLP.
This book takes transformers' capabilities further by combining multiple NLP techniques, such as sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and semantic role labeling, to analyze complex use cases, such as dissecting fake news on Twitter. Also, see how transformers can create code using just a brief description.
By the end of this NLP book, you will understand transformers from a cognitive science perspective and be proficient in applying pretrained transformer models to various datasets.
What you will learn
- Discover new ways of performing NLP techniques with the latest pretrained transformers
- Grasp the workings of the original Transformer, GPT-3, BERT, T5, DeBERTa, and Reformer
- Find out how ViT and CLIP label images (including blurry ones!) and reconstruct images using DALL-E
- Carry out sentiment analysis, text summarization, casual language analysis, machine translations, and more using TensorFlow, PyTorch, and GPT-3
- Measure the productivity of key transformers to define their scope, potential, and limits in production
Who this book is for
If you want to learn about and apply transformers to your natural language (and image) data, this book is for you.
A good understanding of NLP, Python, and deep learning is required to benefit most from this book. Many platforms covered in this book provide interactive user interfaces, which allow readers with a general interest in NLP and AI to follow several chapters of this book.
1. What are Transformers?
2. Getting Started with the Architecture of the Transformer Model
3. Fine-Tuning BERT Models
4. Pretraining a RoBERTa Model from Scratch
5. Downstream NLP Tasks with Transformers
6. Machine Translation with the Transformer
7. The Rise of Suprahuman Transformers with GPT-3 Engines
8. Applying Transformers to Legal and Financial Documents for AI Text Summarization
9. Matching Tokenizers and Datasets
10. Semantic Role Labeling with BERT-Based Transformers
11. Let Your Data Do the Talking: Story, Questions, and Answers
12. Detecting Customer Emotions to Make Predictions
13. Analyzing Fake News with Transformers
14. Interpreting Black Box Transformer Models
15. From NLP to Task-Agnostic Transformer Models
16. The Emergence of Transformer-Driven Copilots
17. Appendix I ― Terminology of Transformer Models