$299Hacking and Securing iOS Applications: Stealing Data, Hijacking Software, and How to Prevent It (Paperback)
$1,200CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6/e (Hardcover)
$1,225CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7/e (Paperback)
$857Kubernetes 權威指南：從 Docker 到 Kubernetes 實踐全接觸, 4/e
Containers enable you to package an application with all the components it needs, such as libraries and other dependencies, and ship it as one package. Docker containers have revolutionized the software supply chain in both small and large enterprises.
Starting with an introduction to Docker fundamentals and setting up an environment to work with it, you’ll delve into concepts such as Docker containers, Docker images, and Docker Compose. As you progress, the book will help you explore deployment, orchestration, networking, and security. Finally, you’ll get to grips with Docker functionalities on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and learn about Docker Enterprise Edition features. Additionally, you’ll also discover the benefits of increased security with the use of containers.
By the end of this Docker book, you’ll be able to build, ship, and run a containerized, highly distributed application on Docker Swarm or Kubernetes, running on-premises or in the cloud.
Gabriel N. Schenker has more than 25 years of experience as an independent consultant, architect, leader, trainer, mentor, and developer. Currently, Gabriel works as Lead Solution Architect at Techgroup Switzerland. Prior to that, Gabriel worked as Lead Curriculum Developer at Docker and at Confluent. Gabriel has a Ph.D. in Physics, and he is a Docker Captain, a Certified Docker Associate, a Certified Kafka Developer and Operator, and an ASP Insider. When not working, Gabriel enjoys time with his wonderful wife Veronicah and his children.
- What Are Containers and Why Should I Use Them?
- Setting Up a Working Environment
- Mastering Containers
- Creating and Managing Container Images
- Data Volumes and Configuration
- Debugging Code Running in Containers
- Using Docker to Supercharge Automation
- Advanced Docker Usage Scenarios
- Distributed Application Architecture
- Single-Host Networking
- Docker Compose
- Introduction to Docker Swarm
- Zero-Downtime Deployments and Secrets
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Deploying, Updating, and Securing an Application with Kubernetes
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting an App Running in Production
- Running a Containerized App in the Cloud