Learning Path Mastering Delphi Programming: A Complete Reference Guide Learn all about building fast, scalable, and high performing applications with Delphi
$332Perl 高效編程, 2/e (Effective Perl Programming: Ways to Write Better, More Idiomatic Perl, 2/e)
- Delve into the core patterns and components of Delphi to enhance your application's design
- Learn how to select the right patterns to improve your program's efficiency and productivity
- Discover how parallel programming and memory management can optimize your code
Delphi is a cross-platform Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that supports rapid application development for most operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, iOS, and now Linux with RAD Studio 10.2. If you know how to use the features of Delphi, you can easily create scalable applications in no time.
This Learning Path begins by explaining how to find performance bottlenecks and apply the correct algorithm to fix them. You'll brush up on tricks, techniques, and best practices to solve common design and architectural challenges. Then, you'll see how to leverage external libraries to write better-performing programs. You'll also learn about the eight most important patterns that'll enable you to develop and improve the interface between items and harmonize shared memories within threads. As you progress, you'll also delve into improving the performance of your code and mastering cross-platform RTL improvements.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll be able to address common design problems and feel confident while building scalable projects.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Delphi High Performance by Primož Gabrijelčič
- Hands-On Design Patterns with Delphi by Primož Gabrijelčič
What you will learn
- Understand parallel programming and work with the various tools included with Delphi
- Explore memory managers and their implementation
- Leverage external libraries to write better-performing programs
- Keep up to date with the latest additions and design techniques in Delphi
- Get to grips with various modern multithreading approaches
- Break a design problem down into its component parts
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is for intermediate-level Delphi programmers who want to build robust applications using Delphi features. Prior knowledge of Delphi is assumed.
Primož Gabrijelčič started coding in Pascal on 8-bit micros in the 1980s and he never looked back. In the last 20 years, he was mostly programming high-availability server applications used in the broadcasting industry. A result of this focus was the open sourced parallel programming library for Delphi—OmniThreadLibrary. He's also an avid writer and has written several hundred articles, and he is a frequent speaker at Delphi conferences where he likes to talk about complicated topics, ranging from memory management to creating custom compilers.
- About Performance
- Fixing the Algorithm
- Fine-Tuning the Code
- Memory Management
- Getting Started with the Parallel World
- Working with Parallel Tools
- Exploring Parallel Practices
- Using External Libraries
- Introduction to Patterns
- Singleton, Dependency Injection, Lazy Initialization, and Object Pool
- Factory Method, Abstract Factory, Prototype, and Builder
- Composite, Flyweight, Marker Interface, and Bridge
- Adapter, Proxy, Decorator, and Facade
- Nullable Value, Template Method, Command, and State
- Iterator, Visitor, Observer, and Memento
- Locking Patterns
- Thread pool, Messaging, Future and Pipeline