Chris Cooper, Chris Moore
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2004-01-22
- 定價: $1,980
- 售價: 5.0 折 $990
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 416
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130328618
- ISBN-13: 9780130328618
HP-UX 11i Internals
Chris CooperChris Moore
- Invaluable information for optimizing HP-UX performance, reliability, and efficiency
- Find out how to approach system administration, tuning, and troubleshooting from a more informed perspective
- For every HP-UX sysadmin, programmer, and performance specialist
HP Professional Books
HP-UX 11i Internals
HP-UX under the hood: practical insight for optimization and troubleshooting
To maximize the performance, efficiency, and reliability of your HP-UX sysem, you need to know what's going on under the hood. HP-UX 11i Internals goes beyond generic UNIX internals, showing exactly how HP-UX works in PA-RISC environments.
HP experts Cooper and Moore systematically illuminate HP-UX kernel data structures and algorithms for memory management, process and thread scheduling, I/O control, files and file systems, resource management, and more. They focus on HP-UX 11i, while also offering valuable insight for those using earlier versions.
- PA-RISC architecture: register set, virtual memory, key instructions, and procedure calling conventions
- HP-UX kernel organization: hardware-dependent and independent data structures
- Process and thread management: proc tables, memory management, scheduling, and the complete process/thread lifecycle
- System-wide memory resources: allocation and mapping to physical memory
- HP-UX paging and swapping
- Files and filesystems: traditional UNIX filesystems, HFS, VFS, and dynamic buffer cache
- I/O and device management: addressing, DMA, interrupts, device files, I/O configuration, device driver assignments, and I/O request pathways
- Logical Volume Management (LVM): abstracting physical disks from the disk I/O system
- HP-UX multiprocessing: challenges, data structures, and interfaces
- Kernel communication services: semaphores, message queues, shared memory, signals, and the kernel "callout" system
- Signaling in complex threaded environments
- System initialization, from vmunix to init: running HP-UX on diverse platforms
Whether you administer HP-UX, tune it, troubleshoot it, or write kernel modules for it, you'll find HP-UX 11i Internals indispensable.
Table of Contents:
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
List of Listings.
1. PA-RISC 2.0 Architecture.
2. Procedure Calling Conventions.
3. The Kernel: Basic Organization.
4. Programs, Processes, and Threads.
5. Process and Thread Management from the Process's Viewpoint.
6. Managing Memory.
7. The HP-UX Paging System.
8. Files and File Systems.
9. The Process Life Cycle, Cradle to Grave.
10. I/O and Device Management.
11. The Logical Volume Manager.
12. Multiprocessing and HP-UX.
13. Kernel Services.
15. System Initialization.
16. Tools Overview.