Understanding Game Application Development: With Xamarin.Forms and ASP.NET
Vincent Maverick S. Durano
Learn to build a simple data-driven mobile game application using the power of Xamarin.Forms, ASP.NET, the Web API, and SignalR with this short book. In it you will build a cross-platform mobile application that targets both iOS and Android, connect your app with your database using Entity Framework, and implement real-time syncing functionality using SignalR.
Understanding Game Application Development starts by giving you an overview of the development tools, an installation guide, and a list of prerequisites. You will learn how to manage application flow, create your workspace, and set up your database. Next, you will see how to access data for handling CRUD operations and define the necessary API endpoints. Further, you will build a mobile application with Xamarin.Forms, both in iOS and in Android.
You will also understand the deployment and testing process as well as how to build a real-time leader board using ASP.NET MVC and SignalR. Finally, you will understand how to publish your source code on GitHub from Visual Studio 2017.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic concept and fundamentals of the technologies used for building the applications
- Set up your development environment
- Create a SQL database from scratch
- Implement a data access layer
- Define REST service endpoints using the Web API
- Deploy, test, and debug iOS and Android applications
- Push your source code to GitHub
Who This Book Is For
.NET developers who want to jump on mobile application development with Xamarin and learn with practical examples.