Unlocking Blockchain on Azure: Design and Develop Decentralized Applications
Design, architect, and build Blockchain applications with Azure in industrial scenarios to revolutionize conventional processes and data security. This book will empower you to build better decentralized applications that have stronger encryption, better architectures, and effective deployment structures over the cloud.
You'll start with an overview of Blockchain, distributed networks, Azure components in Blockchain, such as Azure Workbench, and independent Blockchain-as-a-service solutions. Next, you'll move on to aspects of Blockchain transactions where the author discusses encryption and distribution along with practical examples. You'll cover permissioned Blockchains and distributed ledgers with the help of use cases of financial institutions, followed by code and development aspects of smart contracts. Here, you will learn how to utilise the templates provided by Azure Resource Manager to quickly develop an Ethereum-based smart contract.
Further, you will go through Blockchain points of integration, where the author demonstrates enterprise integration, automated processing of smart contracts, and lifecycle events. Finally, you will go through every deployment of HyperLedger, Ethereum, and other decentralized ledger examples over Azure, thus understanding the elements of creation, design, development, security, and deployment.
After reading Unlocking Blockchain on Azure you will be able to design and develop Blockchain applications in Azure to decentralize social networks, financial organisations, and data. You'll be able to implement encryption over a Blockchain and have full control over shared instances digitally. You will be able to program smart contracts to digitize rules and trigger timely transactions.
What You Will Learn
- Build decentralized applications
- Program, design, and deploy dynamic smart contracts
- Model Blockchains in the form of token economics, hybrid networks, and infrastructure
- Develop end-to-end encryption and distributed systems
Who This Book Is For
Developers and solutions architects who want to develop Blockchain applications in Azure and decentralize applications in different scenarios.
Shilpa Karkeraa, is a leading technology expert and the CEO and founder of Myraa Technologies -an artificial intelligence solutions company. From being an independent entrepreneur to a powerhouse hands-on developer, she has been an innovator with cutting-edge technologies. She has nurtured a team of passionate innovators to build classifiers, recommendation bots, and trading engines used by over a million users. Solving global industrial challenges in India, the UK, Singapore, and Europe, she has carved her niche in the research ecosystem.
1. Blockchains - The Complete Picturea. Introductionb. Historical Chain of Events - Distributed Computingc. Terminology - what is a distributed ledger?d. How a blockchain works?e. Consensus algorithmsf. Hidden Distributed Networks we never knew
2. Foundation of Blockchain Elementsa. Decentralization - Let's decentralise content (Use Case)b. Digital signature - Teaches you to encrypt & decrypt with Digital Signatures (usecase)c. Mining & Token Models (Mathematical deductions - example of creating value)d. Integrity & the proof of concept (Confluence of Biometrics, AI, DocumentVerification)e. Setting up of Blockchain Elements on Azure (Environment Setup)
3. Aspects of Blockchain Transactionsa. Encryption, Validationb. Distribution, Securityc. Practical Example of Transactions
4. Permissioned Blockchains - Mutual distributed ledgers - Use Case of FinancialInstitutions for Letter of Credits
5. Smart Contracts
6. Blockchain Points of Integrationa. Compliance & Regulatory requirement to create & run a nodeb. Enterprise integration to existing systems & data repositoriesc. Access control & security accessd. Automated process (auto-trigger/ alerts) of Smart Contracts [Use Case -Automated Billing for Power & Utility Bills]e. Life cycle events / maintenancef. Governance & Monitoring
7. Technological Tools
8. Technical Architecturesa. Designing a solution architecture - Trade Financeb. Designing a content distribution blockchain architecture - Gaming, Marketingc. Converting Legal contracts to Smart Contracts - AI, NLP
9. Use Casesa. Decentralized Customer Engagementb. Decentralized Trade Financec. Document Signing and Records Management