The Complete ASP.NET Core 3 API Tutorial: Hands-On Building, Testing, and Deploying
Use this ASP.NET Core API tutorial and straightforward step-by-step guide to build, test, and deploy an ASP.NET Core API to Azure. It will help you code confidently and efficiently, and provides just what you need for context.
The book starts with detailing how to set up your development environment, and then introduces a variety of tools and technologies to build, test, and deploy your API. It covers tools such as .NET Core SDK, (Version 3.1), Visual Studio Code, Git, xUnit, Docker, PostgreSQL, Postman, Azure DevOps, Azure, AutoMapper, and many more.
What You Will Learn
- Build an ASP.NET Core API using C#, test it, and deploy it to Azure
- Understand concepts on Entity Framework Core
- Gain hard-earned secrets, shortcuts, and gotchas throughout the "build along"
- Get comfortable with ASP NET Core Environments
- Be introduced to unit testing, CI/CD pipelines, bearer authentication, and JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Who This Book Is For
Developers using the Microsoft stack. Some basic understanding of .NET Core is assumed.
Les Jackson, originally from Glasgow, Scotland, lives and works in Melbourne, Australia. He has been an IT professional since completing his computer science degree. He holds several industry accreditations, including a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) certification, His mantra is that there is no substitute for experience and passion. In his down time, he enjoys producing content for his popular tutorials on YouTube.