AWS Lambda in Action: Event-Driven Serverless Applications
- 出版商: Manning
- 出版日期: 2016-12-13
- 定價: $1,650
- 售價: 9.0 折 $1,485
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 384
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1617293717
- ISBN-13: 9781617293719
Amazon Web Services、Serverless
AWS Lambda 實戰 : 開發事件驅動的無服務器應用程序 (AWS Lambda in Action: Event-Driven Serverless Applications) (簡中版)
AWS Lambda in Action is an example-driven tutorial that teaches you how to build applications that use an event-driven approach on the back end.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
With AWS Lambda, you write your code and upload it to the AWS cloud. AWS Lambda responds to the events triggered by your application or your users, and automatically manages the underlying computer resources for you. Back-end tasks like analyzing a new document or processing requests from a mobile app are easy to implement. Your application is divided into small functions, leading naturally to a reactive architecture and the adoption of microservices.
About the Book
AWS Lambda in Action is an example-driven tutorial that teaches you how to build applications that use an event-driven approach on the back-end. Starting with an overview of AWS Lambda, the book moves on to show you common examples and patterns that you can use to call Lambda functions from a web page or a mobile app. The second part of the book puts these smaller examples together to build larger applications. By the end, you'll be ready to create applications that take advantage of the high availability, security, performance, and scalability of AWS.
- Create a simple API
- Create an event-driven media-sharing application
- Secure access to your application in the cloud
- Use functions from different clients like web pages or mobile apps
- Connect your application with external services
About the Reader
About the Author
Danilo Poccia is a technical evangelist at Amazon Web Services and a frequent speaker at public events and workshops.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - FIRST STEPS
- Running functions in the cloud
- Your first Lambda function
- Your function as a web API
PART 2 - BUILDING EVENT-DRIVEN APPLICATIONS
- Managing security
- Using standalone functions
- Managing identities
- Calling functions from a client
- Designing an authentication service
- Implementing an authentication service
- Adding more features to the authentication service
- Building a media-sharing application
- Why event-driven?
PART 3 - FROM DEVELOPMENT TO PRODUCTION
- Improving development and testing
- Automating deployment
- Automating infrastructure management
PART 4 - USING EXTERNAL SERVICES
- Calling external services
- Receiving events from other services