Zabbix Network Monitoring, 2/e（Paperback）
Gather detailed statistics and data while monitoring the performance and availability of network devices and applications using the all new Zabbix 3.0
About This Book
- Learn to monitor your network and deploy impressive business solutions with Zabbix 3.0
- Manage hosts, system maintenance, permission management, and high-level business service monitoring efficiently
- A step-by-step guide to help you automate services and tasks for better monitoring
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for system admins who are new to Zabbix and who are interested in creating simple monitoring reports. This book assumes knowledge of basic system-administration-related tasks. Zabbix has added quite a lot of new features over the years, and many features new to 3.0 will be covered, so even experienced users of previous versions should be able to find new information.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with Zabbix concepts and building blocks
- Delve into monitoring with Zabbix agents and basic protocols
- Learn how to monitor SNMP devices
- Manage hosts, users, and permissions while acting upon monitored conditions
- Visualize data with the help of ad-hoc graphs, custom graphs, maps, and reports
- Simplify complex configurations and learn to automate them
- Monitor web pages, IPMI devices, Java applications, and VMware statistics, among many others
- Troubleshoot a variety of potential issues and explore other options with the help of the Zabbix community
Zabbix is one of the most powerful open source monitoring solutions. Finding out about the problems in your environment before they find you is crucial for continued operations. With all the features Zabbix 3.0 provides, it is easy to miss some features that would save a lot of time. Discovering its full potential will help you both in designing your own monitoring solution as well as running and improving an existing one.
This book provides a perfect starting point for monitoring with Zabbix. Even if you have never used a monitoring solution before, this book will start with the basics to get you up and running quickly. It then gradually moves on to more complex and intricate features that are vital to Zabbix 3.0.
Starting with the installation, you will move on to learn about simple data collection, alerting on a threshold, and sending out an e-mail. The chapters will gradually expand on other data gathering methods, including native Zabbix agents and SNMP devices. You will see practical examples and use cases from real-world Zabbix instances for log file and web page monitoring. Next, you will learn more about integrated functionality for monitoring Java application servers and VMware. Important aspects like notifications, permission management, system maintenance, and troubleshooting are discussed in detail, and for larger environments, distributed data collection using Zabbix proxies will be covered. Building on these concepts, you will learn how to increase performance and debug and maintain Zabbix. Finally, you will explore ways to troubleshoot your way through technical snags and glitches and be a part of Zabbix's ever growing community. Throughout this book, you will learn concepts and best practices, building your skillset and helping you get to grips with the latest Zabbix 3.0 features.