Learning Laravel 4 Application Development
Develop real-world web applications in Laravel 4 using its refi ned and expressive syntax
- Build real-world web applications using the Laravel 4 framework
- Learn how to configure, optimize and deploy Laravel 4 applications
- Packed with illustrations along with lots of tips and tricks to help you learn more about one of the most exciting PHP frameworks around
Laravel 4 is a clean and classy framework for PHP web development. It attempts to ease the development of web applications by simplifying the common tasks required in the majority of web projects, such as authentication, routing, sessions, and caching.
"Learning Laravel 4 Application Development" uses a step-by-step approach to teach you how to build real-world web applications. You will learn how to create a web application from scratch as well as how to create and use packages to build reusable components to be used in your projects.
This book begins by familiarizing you with MVC concepts as well as the Laravel 4 framework. From there, it moves on to the creation of the frontend and backend of your web application. As you progress through the book, you will learn how you can authenticate users as well as develop RESTful APIs. You will also learn how to configure, optimize, and secure your applications. Lastly, it teaches you how to deploy your applications using different approaches like Git, FTP, and SSH.
Laravel 4 Application Development will teach you everything you need to know to create accessible real-world web applications quickly and efficiently.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with MVC concepts
- Install and configure Laravel 4
- Build the frontend and backend of your application
- Optimize and configure your web applications
- Build RESTful applications with Laravel 4
- Create a Cart package in Laravel 4
- Integrate your cart with a payment gateway
- Deploy your application
This book is written in a simple and easy-to-understand manner, with each chapter contributing as a standalone project that will give you as a reader something to reflect on as you're learning.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at amateur PHP developers with a desire to get a firm understanding of the Lavarel 4 framework. Basic knowledge of PHP will be helpful, however in-depth knowledge is not a must.