OpenStack Administration with Ansible（Paperback）
- Automate real-world OpenStack cloud operator administrative tasks
- Construct a collection of automation code to save time on managing your OpenStack cloud
- Use this step-by-step tutorial to automate such tasks with Ansible
Most organizations are seeking methods to improve business agility because they have realized just having a cloud is not enough. Being able to improve application deployments, reduce infrastructure downtime, and eliminate daily manual tasks can only be accomplished through some sort of automation.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative tasks, this book will walk you through working examples and explain how these tasks can be automated using one of the most popular open source automation tools―Ansible.
We will start with a brief overview of OpenStack and Ansible and highlight some best practices. Each chapter will provide an introduction to handling various Cloud Operator administration tasks such as creating multiple users/tenants, setting up Multi-Tenant Isolation, customizing your clouds quotas, taking instance snapshots, evacuating compute hosts for maintenance, and running cloud health checks, and a step-by-step tutorial on how to automate these tasks with Ansible.
What you will learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize yourself with how Ansible works and assess the defined best practices
- Create Ansible playbooks and roles
- Automate tasks to customize your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation considerations when automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate advanced OpenStack tasks and designated use cases
- Get a high-level overview of OpenStack and the current production-ready projects
- Deep dive into OpenStack CLI tools and find out how to use them
Walter Bentley is a private cloud solutions architect with Rackspace.
He has a diverse background in production systems administration and solutions architecture. He has over 15 years of experience across numerous industries, such as online marketing, finance, insurance, aviation, food, education, and now in technology product space. In the past, he has typically been the requestor, consumer, and advisor to companies in the use of technologies such as OpenStack. He is now a promoter of OpenStack technology and a cloud educator.
In Walter's current role, he is focused on helping customers build, design, and deploy private clouds built on OpenStack.
His role also involves professional services, engagements around operating the built OpenStack clouds, and DevOps engagements creating playbooks/roles with Ansible.
Recently, Walter was given the honor to be present at the OpenStack Vancouver and Tokyo Summits. As well as this, he was given the great opportunity to present at AnsibleFest events in London and New York.
Some of his other experiences involve performing webinars, blogging about OpenStack, and speaking at various technology conferences.
Another wonderful experience is Walter being allowed to take part in the technical review of the newly launched OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook, Third Edition, Packt Publishing.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to OpenStack
- An Introduction to Ansible
- Creating Multiple Users/Tenants
- Customizing Your Cloud's Quotas
- Snapshot Your Cloud
- Migrating Instances
- Setting up Isolated Tenants
- Deploying OpenStack Features
- Inventory Your Cloud
- Health Check Your Cloud