TIBCO Spotfire: A Comprehensive Primer - Second Edition: Building enterprise-class data analysis and visualization solutions
Create innovative enterprise-class informatics solutionsusing TIBCO Spotfire
- Get to grips with features of TIBCO Spotfire to create polished, professional applications
- Use different data and visualization techniques to build insightful and interactive analyses with Spotfire
- A comprehensive guide designed specifically to take you through a complete journey in data analysis and visualization with Spotfire, with lots of practical examples
The need for agile business intelligence (BI) is growing daily, and TIBCO Spotfire combines a self-service feature set with essential enterprise governance capabilities to deliver analytics solutions. Spotfire is easy and intuitive to use and can also be a rewarding development environment for all BI users.
Starting with data and visualization concepts, this book takes you through increasingly advanced topics toward the goal of becoming a professional analytics solution provider. The book will explain Spotfire's recommendation engine and then will go into detail about about each visualization type and why and when you would use them. You will also explore themes and styling within Spotfire. You will also understand when you should use connectors instead of information links and when and why you should keep data in database rather than in memory. It also discusses some key product integrations that significantly enhance the capabilities of Spotfire. This book will also help you understand the advantages of the new Spotfire server topology and how to make practical use of the new features and functionality enabled.
By the end of this book you will learn to build sophisticated user interactivity frameworks and spatial analytics, and administer the Spotfire environment.
What you will learn
- Deploy Spotfire's suite of visualization types effectively and intelligently
- Build user-friendly analytics frameworks with Spotfire text areas and property controls
- Understand the different ways Spotfire can be deployed, licensed, and administered
- Explore Spotfire's predictive analytics, mobile metrics, event analytics, and advanced data services capabilities
- Use Spotfire's location analytics capabilities to create interactive geographic and nongeographic spatial analyses
- Write IronPython scripts against the Spotfire API to tackle and solve challenging analysis framework requirements
- Combine all your newfound or enhanced data, visualization, and programming skills to build self-service business intelligence solutions
Who This Book Is For
If you are a business user or data professional, this book will give you a solid grounding in the use of TIBCO Spotfire. This book assumes no prior knowledge of Spotfire or even basic data and visualization concepts.