OpenStack Administration with Ansible 2 - Second Edition
- Automate real-world OpenStack cloud operator administrative tasks
- Construct a collection of the latest automation code to save time on managing your OpenStack cloud
- Manage containers on your cloud and check the health of your cloud using Nagios
Most organizations are seeking methods to improve business agility because they have realized just having a cloud is not enough. Being able to improve application deployments, reduce infrastructure downtime, and eliminate daily manual tasks can only be accomplished through some sort of automation.
We start with a brief overview of OpenStack and Ansible 2 and highlight some best practices. Each chapter will provide an introduction to handling various Cloud Operator administration tasks such as managing containers within your cloud; setting up/utilizing open source packages for monitoring; creating multiple users/tenants; taking instance snapshots; and customizing your cloud to run multiple active regions. Each chapter will also supply a step-by-step tutorial on how to automate these tasks with Ansible 2.
Packed with real-world OpenStack administrative tasks, this book will walk you through working examples and explain how these tasks can be automated using one of the most popular open source automation tools on the market today.
What you will learn
- Efficiently execute OpenStack administrative tasks
- Familiarize yourself with how Ansible 2 works and assess the defined best practices
- Create Ansible 2 playbooks and roles
- Automate tasks to customize your OpenStack cloud
- Review OpenStack automation considerations when automating administrative tasks
- Examine and automate advanced OpenStack tasks and designated use cases
- Get a high-level overview of OpenStack and current production-ready projects
- Explore OpenStack CLI tools and learn how to use them
Walter Bentley is a Rackspace Private Cloud Technical Marketing Engineer and author with a diverse background in production systems administration and solutions architecture. He has more than 15 years of experience in sectors such as online marketing, financial, insurance, aviation, the food industry, education, and now in technology.
In the past, he was typically the requestor, consumer, and advisor to companies in the use of technologies such as OpenStack. Today, he’s an OpenStack promoter and cloud educator.
In his current role, Walter helps customers build, design, and deploy private clouds built on OpenStack.
That includes professional services engagements around operating OpenStack clouds and DevOps engagements creating playbooks/roles with Ansible.
He presents and speaks regularly at OpenStack Summits, AnsibleFest, and other technology conferences, plus webinars, blog posts and technical reviews.
His first book, OpenStack Administration with Ansible, was released in 2016.
- Introduction to OpenStack
- Introduction to Ansible
- Creating Multiple Users/Projects
- Customizing Your Clouds Quotas
- Snapshot Your Cloud
- Migrating Instances
- Managing Containers on Your Cloud
- Setting Up Active-Active Regions
- Inventory Your Cloud
- Health Check Your Cloud with Nagios