Metasploit for Beginners
- Carry out penetration testing in highly-secured environments with Metasploit
- Learn to bypass different defenses to gain access into different systems.
- A step-by-step guide that will quickly enhance your penetration testing skills.
This book will begin by introducing you to Metasploit and its functionality. Next, you will learn how to set up and configure Metasploit on various platforms to create a virtual test environment. You will also get your hands on various tools and components used by Metasploit.
Further on in the book, you will learn how to find weaknesses in the target system and hunt for vulnerabilities using Metasploit and its supporting tools. Next, you'll get hands-on experience carrying out client-side attacks. Moving on, you'll learn about web application security scanning and bypassing anti-virus and clearing traces on the target system post compromise. This book will also keep you updated with the latest security techniques and methods that can be directly applied to scan, test, hack, and secure networks and systems with Metasploit.
By the end of this book, you'll get the hang of bypassing different defenses, after which you'll learn how hackers use the network to gain access into different systems.
What you will learn
- Get to know the absolute basics of the Metasploit framework so you have a strong foundation for advanced attacks
- Integrate and use various supporting tools to make Metasploit even more powerful and precise
- Set up the Metasploit environment along with your own virtual testing lab
- Use Metasploit for information gathering and enumeration before planning the blueprint for the attack