Mastering Wireshark 2
Secure your network with ease by leveraging progressive approach towards the powerful Wireshark 2
- Delve into the core functionalities of the latest version of Wireshark
- A practical guide that will master your network security skills with Wireshark 2
- Efficiently find out the root cause of challenging network related issues
Wireshark is a popular and powerful tool that gives you the combination of both a Linux distro (Kali)and an open-source security framework (Metasploit). Wireshark is mainly used to analyze the number of bits and bytes that are flowing through a network. Wireshark deals with the second to the seventh layer of network protocols, and the analysis made is presented in a human-readable form.
Through this book, you will gain expertise in securing your network using Wireshark 2. In the beginning of the book, readers will get familiar with the installation & setup of Wireshark2.0 and there-after will get introduced to its interface in order to understand all its functionalities. Moving forward, readers will discover different ways to create and use capture and display filters. Halfway through the book, readers will be mastering the features of Wireshark, analyzing different layers of the network protocol, and looking for any anomalies. This book will also impart the learning's about plug-in and APIs. Finally, the book will focus on Pocket Analysis for security tasks, command-line utilities, and tools that manage trace files.
As you reach the end of the book, you will be taught how to use Wireshark for network security analysis and configure it for troubleshooting purposes.
What you will learn
- Understand what network and protocol analysis is, and how it can help you
- Use Wireshark to capture packets in your network
- Filter captured traffic to only show what you need
- Find out about useful statistics displays to make it easier to diagnose issues
- Customize Wireshark to your own specifications
- Analyze common network protocols and common network application protocols
Who This Book Is For
If you are a security professional or a network enthusiasts who are interested in understanding the internal workings of networks and have some prior knowledge of using Wireshark then, this book is for you.