This guide can help any development team plan, track, and manage work far more effectively, by combining today's leading agile framework (Scrum) and Microsoft's ALM/DevOps toolset (Azure DevOps). Renowned Scrum expert Richard Hundhausen thoroughly covers team formation, backlogs, Sprints, test plans, collaboration, flow, continuous improvement, Azure Boards, Azure Test Plans, and the real-world tradeoffs associated with DevOps. Throughout, you'll find practical, in-the-trenches tips from experienced Professional Scrum Developers. To make this guide even more valuable, Hundhausen has organized it to complement Scrum.org's popular Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) program, which he created with Scrum.org's Ken Schwaber, author of this book's Foreword.
Professional Scrum Trainer Richard Hundhausen shows how to:
- Deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and Professional Scrum as based on the 2020 Scrum Guide.
- Provide proven work item planning and tracking, and quickly drive value from Azure Boards
- Improve your Scrum "pre-game" the tasks you'll perform before your first Sprint
- Use Azure DevOps to create and manage backlogs, plan Sprints, and collaborate throughout them
- Improve at scale with Scaled Professional Scrum and the Nexus scaled Scrum framework
- Recognize which practices are still most efficiently performed without tools
- Define and optimize team flow, overcome common dysfunctions, and evolve into a high-performance Professional Scrum Team
About This Book
- For everyone who works with or relies on Scrum, including developers, designers, architects, testers, business analysts, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, managers, and other stakeholders
- Focuses primarily on using Scrum for software products, but can support development of adaptive solutions for any complex problem performance Professional Scrum Team