React and Libraries: Your Complete Guide to the React Ecosystem
Harness the power of React and the related libraries that you need to know to deliver successful front-end implementations. Whether you are a beginner getting started or an existing React developer, this book will provide you with the must-have knowledge you need in your toolbox to build a complete app.
Start by learning how to create and style your own components, add state management, and manage routing. You'll also learn how to work with the backend using the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js). Once you have completed building your app you will learn how to deliver quality software by conducting unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end (E2E) testing, as well as learn techniques to debug, profile, and optimize your React app.
Libraries and tools covered include TypeScript, Material-UI, Styled Components, SCSS, React Router, Redux Toolkit, Recoil, Jest, Enzyme, Sinon, MongoDB, NodeJS, Express, Serve, Grunt, Puppeteer, ESLint, Prettier and many others. And, you'll get access to bonus material and learn how to conduct and nail React interview questions.
Each chapter in this book can be used independently so you can pick and choose the information you'd like to learn. Use it to get deep into your React development world and find out why React has been rated the most loved framework by front-end developers for three years in a row.
What You'll Learn
- Review the basics of DOM, React Virtual DOM, JSX, Babel, ES5/ES6, CRA, package manager, Yarn, Webpack, and build tools
- Write your own custom React components and learn about hooks and props.
- Apply routing and state management with React Route, Recoil, and Redux Toolkit
- Deliver quality software and reduce QA load by learning unit testing integration testing and end-to-end testing with libraries such as Jest, Jest-dom, Enzyme, Sinon, and Puppeteer
- Set an ultimate React automated development and CI cycle with ESLint, Prettier, Husky, Jest, Puppeteer, GitHub Actions, Codecov.io, Coveralls, Travis, and DeepScan
- Publish your code on Ubuntu Server with the help of Grunt
- Optimize your React app with pure components, lazy loading, prerender, precache, code splitting, tree shaking, reduce media size, and prefetching
Who This Book Is For?
This book is for new developers looking to start working on React applications, and React developers looking to expand on their existing knowledge. It is also suitable for developers coming from other front-end frameworks such as Angular and Vue who would like to add React to their toolbox.
Elad Elrom is a coder, technical lead and a technical writer and technical trainer. Elad is passionate about teaching and helping other developers advance and learn. As a writer, he has co-authored several technical books. Elad has consulted for a variety of clients, from large corporations such as HBO, Viacom, NBC Universal, and Weight Watchers, to smaller startups. Aside from coding, Elad is also a certified PADI dive instructor, motorcycle enthusiast, as well as an accomplished certified pilot.