Instant Website Touch Integration
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-25
- 售價: $900
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $855
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 50
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783280492
- ISBN-13: 9781783280490
Start with an introduction to touch events and end with implementing your own custom gestures
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to debug touch events without a touch-enabled device
- Discover how to use gestures and polyfill missing functionality in browsers
- Create custom gestures to enable extra functionality
Touch-screen monitors have become more and more commonplace as their price has steadily dropped over the past decade. Web applications have generally been transferred onto touch-enabled devices by the touch-to- click emulation provided by modern browsers. A relatively new approach to building web applications is to take advantage of touch-enabled devices by harnessing the new events to allow intuitive interactions just like native applications.
Instant Website Touch Integration takes you on an amazing journey through the world of touch events, giving you the necessary knowledge and advice to make sure your web application stands apart from the rest. Different tasks are explained clearly with examples and offer practical advice for implementing the features discussed in your own web applications.
Instant Website Touch Integration takes you from an introduction to touch events to implementing your own custom gestures. The style is fun and engaging, and you will come along for the journey as we kick other established mouse-driven paint applications to the curb by writing our own touch events. This will encompass handling touch events to draw on and erase the canvas as well as giving the user the ability to choose colors via swiping through a preset collection. At the end of your journey, you will know everything you need in order to add touch functionality such as swipes and pinches to your web application.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand what touch events are and how they should be applied
- Debug events without a touch-enabled device
- Discover the different event types and their purpose
- Track users’ finger positions as they’re moved
- Swipe naturally with deceleration
- Handle gestures such as pinch and rotate
- Write your own custom gestures
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book gives you a quick theoretical knowledge base before moving on to focus on task-based projects designed to keep you on your toes.
Who this book is written for