About This Book
- Get a full introduction to the key features and components of the Xamarin 3 IDE and framework, including Xamarin.Forms and iOS visual designer
- Install, integrate and utilise Xamarin Studio with the tools required for building amazing cross-platform applications for iOS and Android
- Create, test, and deploy apps for your business and for the app store
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for .NET developers with any level of experience and who are interested in building native applications without the hassle of becoming Objective-C or Java experts. Although it will be beneficial to have some development experience, particularly in .NET, Learning Xamarin Studio will help even a novice developer get past the headaches of setting up and customizing their new development environment so they can move on to producing high-quality native applications quickly.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate Visual Studio, Xcode, and the Android SDK into your development environment
- Get to grips with all the new Xamarin Studio enhancements from Xamarin 3
- Network your Windows box to a Mac build machine for iOS testing and deployment from a PC
- Install and customize your development environment to suit your workflow
- Set up Apple and Google developer accounts, and create provisioning profiles for your physical iOS devices
- Install iOS simulators, create Android device definitions, and link to your physical devices
- Test and debug your applications using NUnitLite, Instruments, simulators, emulators, and physical devices, all from within Xamarin Studio
- Deploy your creations to the appropriate app store
Xamarin Studio is the premier cross-platform development tool for .NET. Using this Xamarin 3 IDE, you can create high-performance native applications for iOS, Android, and Mac using the same .NET features and tools you are already familiar and comfortable with.
Often the most frustrating part of beginning to work with a new tool or workflow is the process of simply getting started. Whether you are brand new to .NET development, or a veteran of the framework, Learning Xamarin Studio will help you get your cross-platform development environment up and running smoothly and quickly. Starting with selecting the right Xamarin license for you and your organization, this book will cover how to install Xamarin Studio, integrate the necessary third-party tools, explain the features and tools provided by the IDE, and walk through developing, testing, and deploying applications.